Slow Start Again Dooms Tropics in 7-2 Road Loss at Kansas City
KANSAS CITY - For the second straight day, the Florida Tropics SC dug themselves an early road deficit that proved to deep to climb out of as the Kansas City Comets took a 7-2 win Sunday in a Major Arena Soccer League game Sunday.
The Comets raced out to a 4-0 first half lead before Freddy Moojen and Ricardo Diegues got goals less than a minute apart to cut the KC advantage to 4-2. But 20 seconds after the Diegues marker, KC regained momentum with a goal to go to intermission ahead 5-2.
The Tropics did not score in the second half, and gave up their first power-play goal in eight games this year. Florida is 0-4 on the road.
Florida falls to 3-5 overall , and Kansas City improves to 3-4.
The Tropics return to open a three-game homestand on Saturday, Jan. 12 when they host the Orlando SeaWolves in a 7:05 start. For tickets or more information, visit www.fltropics.com, or call 863-240-0101.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from January 7, 2019
- San Diego Sockers Weekly Report - Sockers Host Two - San Diego Sockers
- Sidekicks Fall to the Flash on the Road - Dallas Sidekicks
- Slow Start Again Dooms Tropics in 7-2 Road Loss at Kansas City - Florida Tropics SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Tropics SC Stories
- Braithwaite, Ruiz Get Two Each But Tropics Fall to SeaWolves, 10-6
- Tropics Back Home to Take on Orlando SeaWolves Saturday
- Wave Handles Tropics, 8-4; Road Losing Streak Stretches to 10
- Florida Looks for a Little Road Magic Saturday in Milwaukee against the Wave
- Florida Tropics SC Reach Agreement with Veteran Defender Phibo Arriaga