Sky Sox Drop 6-2 Matinee
OKLAHOMA CITY-The Oklahoma City Dodgers scored in the first three innings and Fabio Castillo threw five innings of one-run ball to take game three of the four-game series, 6-2 in front of 10,279 Thursday afternoon at Chicaksaw Bricktown Ballpark.
Alex Verdugo led the Dodgers (13-13) with a two-run single as part of a four-run third inning, and O'Koyea Dickson and Darnell Sweeney each added a RBI to help snap Oklahoma City's four-game losing streak.
The Sky Sox (15-8) got on the scoreboard in the top of the fourth inning, when Garrett Cooper belted his fourth home run of the season down the left field line. The first baseman and April Player of the Month for the Sox recorded his team-leading 23rd RBI and extended his current hitting streak to six games.
With the home run, Colorado Springs has hit 22 long balls in 2017, including four in the past two games against Oklahoma City.
The visitors cracked the scoreboard a second time in the eighth inning. After Eric Sogard reached on a two-out error, Kyle Wren drove in his eighth run of the season from his No. 1 spot in the order by lining a triple to the gap in left-centerfield. With the hit, Wren recorded his second triple of the season, tying him for the team lead with Ivan De Jesus.
The four-game series concludes Friday night at 6:05 p.m. MT from Downtown Oklahoma City. LHP Brent Suter (1-1, 3.38) takes the mound for his second start with the Sky Sox against Dodger right-hander Tim Shibuya.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 4, 2017
- Sounds Hit .500 Mark with Win over Express - Nashville Sounds
- Seven-Straight Wins for the Redbirds After 12-9 - Memphis Redbirds
- Express Rally Falls Short as Sounds Win 5-4 - Round Rock Express
- Iowa and New Orleans Split Twin Bill - Iowa Cubs
- Baby Cakes, Cubs Split Doubleheader - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Upcoming Bees Homestand Includes Wizards, Pack The Park Pink and More - Salt Lake Bees
- Aces Smash Bees with 22 Runs on 26 Hits - Reno Aces
- Bees Fall to Aces - Salt Lake Bees
- Upcoming Bees Homestand Includes Wizards, Pack the Park Pink and More - Salt Lake Bees
- El Paso Chihuahuas Roster Transactions - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Redbirds Offering Additional Family Fun on Mother's Day - Memphis Redbirds
- Dodgers Down Sky Sox,6-2 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sky Sox Drop 6-2 Matinee - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Aces Sting Bees in Game Two - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Evens Series with 7-3 Win over Nashville - Round Rock Express
- GAME RECAP: Hoffman Guides Isotopes to 6-3 Victory - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Albuquerque 6 El Paso 3 - Wednesday - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Streak Comes to An End as Sounds Fall 7-3 to Express - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Recap: May 3, 2017 - Colorado Springs 6, OKC 3 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sky Sox Score Five Straight in 6-3 Win - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.