Sky Re-Sign Linnae Harper, Amber Harris to 7-Day Contracts
CHICAGO - The Chicago Sky announced today the re-signing of both guard Linnae Harper and forward Amber Harris to seven-day contracts.
Harper has appeared in eight games with the Sky so far this season, recently posting a career-high seven points, two rebounds, one assist, and one steal in just under 10 minutes of play during Chicago's July 7 victory over the defending-champion Minnesota Lynx.
Harris returns to Chicago after originally signing with the team as a free agent in 2017. She was waived prior to the start of the 2018 regular season. Standing at 6-foot-5, Harris spent three seasons playing with the Minnesota Lynx after being selected as the fourth-overall pick of the 2011 WNBA Draft.
The Sky was able to pick up Harris after the league granted the team an additional hardship roster spot, following injuries to point guard Jamierra Faulkner and forward Astou Ndour.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from July 11, 2018
- Sky Re-Sign Linnae Harper, Amber Harris to 7-Day Contracts - Chicago Sky
- Shavonte Zellous and Liberty Stun Sun at the Buzzer, 79-76 - New York Liberty
- Lynx Outlast Fever, 87-65 - Indiana Fever
- Postgame Notes: Las Vegas Aces (98), Chicago Sky (74) - Chicago Sky
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.