Sky Blue FC to Host Entire Preseason at Sportika's State-of-the-Art Complex in Manalapan
Tinton Falls, N.J. (Jan. 12, 2018) - Sky Blue FC of the National Women's Soccer League (NWSL) announced today that the team has entered into a partnership with Sportika Sports, and the team will hold its entire 2018 preseason at the state-of-the-art athletic complex in Manalapan, N.J. Additionally, Sportika Sports will officially serve as the presenting sponsor of the 2018 Sky Blue FC Preseason.
"Today is a very exciting day for Sky Blue FC as we enter into this partnership with Sportika Sports," said Tony Novo, Sky Blue FC President & General Manager. "Sportika is an absolutely incredible facility that is perfectly suited for our world-class athletes. We would also like to thank our strategic partner Peter Grandich and Company, who played an instrumental role in helping us establish this relationship."
Sky Blue FC will conduct each of its preseason training sessions at Sportika, which features a full-sided indoor turf field that is one of the largest in the State of New Jersey. Sky Blue FC will also host four preseason matches at their 170,000 square foot facility, which opened its doors in 2017.
"On behalf of Sportika Nation, I can tell you that this partnership with Sky Blue FC is extremely exciting for our organization and the continued emergence of our facility as a premier sports venue on the East Coast," said Jeffrey L. Jordan, Sportika CEO. "We welcome the incredible athletes of Sky Blue FC and look forward to growing our brand with theirs. I am personally overjoyed that our young female athletes will have such tremendous role models to follow and see that the dream of playing soccer on the highest level is a dream worth chasing."
In addition to its 90,000 square foot indoor turf field, Sportika is also home to seven regulation basketball courts. Between the turf and court space, the facility can host virtually any sport or event. Furthermore, Sportika operates its own academic center (Sportika-Brainstorm), sports performance center (Sportika-Parabolic) and Youth Mentoring Academy (Sportika-Goodworx), with corporate meeting rooms and event spaces available as well.
"We are extremely fortunate to have partnered with Sportika Sports for our 2018 preseason," said Denise Reddy, Sky Blue FC head coach. "Sportika is such an amazing facility, and it will be an incredible place for us to train every day."
Sky Blue FC recently announced that the team will be holding its 2018 open tryouts on February 14-15 at Sportika Sports. The registration process for the tryouts is now open, and interested players can sign up today online.
2018 Sky Blue FC season and half-season tickets are on sale now, and fans can purchase them today by calling 888-SBFC-TIX (888-723-2849).
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from January 12, 2018
- Sky Blue FC to Host Entire Preseason at Sportika's State-of-the-Art Complex in Manalapan - Sky Blue FC
- MIDFIELDER MORGAN BRIAN AND DEFENDER BECKY SAUERBRUNN RULED OUT OF U.S. WNT JANUARY CAMP - NWSL
- SKY BLUE FC ACQUIRES REBEKAH STOTT AND KATIE JOHNSON FROM SEATTLE REIGN FC - Sky Blue FC
- THORNS FC ACQUIRE RIGHTS TO FORWARD CAITLIN FOORD - Portland Thorns FC
- NWSL Provides Updated Preliminary List of Eligible Players for the 2018 College Draft - NWSL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sky Blue FC Stories
- Sky Blue FC Announces Regular Season Roster
- Sky Blue FC Offense Hits Full Stride against St. John's University
- Defender Erin Simon Placed on 45-Day Disabled List
- Rodriguez Game-Winner Leads Sky Blue FC Past West Virginia
- Sky Blue FC Renews Corporate Partnership with Saker ShopRites