#SKCvFCD: Five Facts You Need to Know
FC Dallas (2-1-3, 9 points) travels to face Sporting Kansas City (5-2-1, 16 points) on Wednesday, Sept. 2 at 7:30PM CT. The games features FCD's conference-best defense vs. SKC's league-best offense.
Details You Need to Know:
Gameday Social: #SKCvFCD
TV: 7:30PM CT on TXA21, FCDTV Network
Streaming: 7:30PM CT on FCDallas.com/Stream, ESPN+ (outside of the DFW market)
Radio: 7:30PM CT on FCDallas.com/Radio (English) and 7PM on 99.1FM (Spanish)
Next Home Match: FC Dallas hosts the Houston Dynamo on Saturday, Sept. 12 at 7:30PM CT.
News You Need to Know:
FC Dallas 3, Minnesota United 1 | 2020 MLS Regular Season Match Recap (mlssoccer.com)
FC Dallas defender Reggie Cannon receiving transfer interest from European clubs (Dallas Morning News)
Fafa Picault Makes MLS Team of the Week after First FC Dallas Goal (fcdallas.com)
FC Dallas weathers the storm in first win of the restart (3rddegree.net)
5 Things to Know about #SKCvFCD
Offense vs. Defense
Wednesday's game features an interesting matchup of offense vs. defense. FC Dallas currently holds the best defensive record in the Western Conference with four goals conceded over its six games (including two clean sheets in its last three). But that record faces a stern test Wednesday night as it comes up against Sporting KC who's the highest scoring team in all of MLS with 18 goals from just eight games.
Back in the Goals
Having been held scoreless in its first three games since the restart, FCD's attack reignited last Saturday against Minnesota United with two goals in less than two minutes early in the first half courtesy of Fafa Picault and JesÃºs Ferreira. Captain Reto Ziegler capped the night off with a penalty after Michael Barrios was fouled in the box. While it was only one game, the three-goal performance was a sign that Dallas' offense has found its groove again after what has been a stop-start 2020 season.
Homegrown forward Ricardo Pepi became FCD's fourth-youngest player to start a league match last Saturday. The 17-year-old wasted no time and set up Ferreira for Dallas' second goal just 12 minutes into his first career start. In addition to his assist, Pepi recorded one shot, an 80% passing accuracy and drew one foul in his 59 minutes before making way for Barrios.
Against Kansas City
FC Dallas and Kansas City's all-time regular season record is tied at 25-25-12, but Dallas has a slight edge with 100 goals scored to SKC's 91. When playing away in Kansas City, FCD has registered a 10-15-7 all-time record (40 goals scored, 57 against). Last season, Dallas won 2-0 in its away trip to Children's Mercy Park and earned a 6-0 victory at Toyota Stadium on the final day of the regular season.
About Kansas City
Sporting KC is currently in first place in the West with 16 points and is the highest scoring team in the league (18 goals). Since falling to Philadelphia in the quarterfinal of the MLS is Back tournament, the team has registered one win, one draw and one loss. In its most recent two matches, SKC fell 5-2 at home to Houston and earned a 1-1 draw away to Colorado.
The all-time regular season series between the clubs is tied at 25-25-12.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 1, 2020
- Impact Topple Toronto - Club de Foot Montreal
- Loudoun United FC Lose 3-0 to Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC on the Road - D.C. United
- LAFC to Face the San Jose Earthquakes Tomorrow at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Host MiB Semifinalist Minnesota United FC - Houston Dynamo FC
- LAFC Loans Midfielder Alejandro Guido to San Diego Loyal SC - Los Angeles FC
- Inter Miami to Visit Atlanta United FC on Wednesday - Inter Miami CF
- Impact Soccer Schools Unveil Programming for 2020-21 Season - Club de Foot Montreal
- Atlanta United Kicks off Annual Unite & Conquer Cancer Month - Atlanta United FC
- Minnesota United FC vs. Houston Dynamo Notes - Minnesota United FC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. New York City FC - New England Revolution
- #SKCvFCD: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- RAVE Foundation and Seattle Storm Celebrate Opening of Renovated Recreation Space at Midway Park in Des Moines this Thursday - Seattle Sounders FC
- By the Numbers: We Meet Again - Orlando City SC
- Storylines: City vs. Nashville SC - Orlando City SC
- Orlando City Makes First Visit to Nashville SC on Wednesday - Orlando City SC
- Nashville SC's Lineup Changes Prove Effective in Win over Inter Miami CF - Nashville SC
- Preview: First-Place Sporting to Host FC Dallas on Wednesday - Sporting Kansas City
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Inter Miami CF - Atlanta United FC
- Minnesota United Signs Argentine Emanuel "Bebelo" Reynoso from Boca Juniors - Minnesota United FC
- MLS, Inter Miami CF Honor MLS's Kick Childhood Cancer Awareness Month - Inter Miami CF
- Match Preview: Atlantic Cup Rivals New York and D.C. United Clash on Wednesday - New York Red Bulls
- Continental Tire Joins Forces with Major League Soccer for 7th Annual Kick Childhood Cancer Campaign - MLS
- This Week in MLS: 15 Olympic-Eligible Americans Registered Goals or Assists in MLS Last Weekend - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- FC Dallas Defeats Sporting Kansas City 2-1 at Children's Mercy Park
- Kickoff Time for FC Dallas' Road Match vs. Houston Dynamo FC on September 18 Moved to 9PM CT
- #SKCvDAL: Five Facts You Need to Know
- FC Dallas Foundation Breaks Ground on Tenth Pitch at My Possibilities
- FC Dallas Homegrown Ricardo Pepi Signs New Contract with FC Dallas