Six-Run Ninth Lifts Jackals in Quebec City
New Jersey scored six runs in the ninth inning to blow open up a tight game and defeat Quebec by a 9-2 score Tuesday night at Stade Canac. The Jackals came into the ninth with only a 3-2 lead.
The Jackals had 11 hits in the contest with eight batters collecting at least one. Shortstop Emelio Guerrero went 3-for-5 with a run scored and an RBI while 2B Andrew Dundon collected a pair of hits and scored two runs. Leadoff hitter Jay Gonzalez also chipped in with two runs and an RBI in a 1-for-4 night.
New Jersey starter Justin Brantley tossed five innings and picked-up his first win of the season. Brantley allowed two earned runs on six hits with a walk and four strikeouts.
For Quebec in the losing effort, 2B JD Williams went 2-for-4 and drove in a run.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian American League message board...
Canadian American League Stories from May 21, 2019
- Six-Run Ninth Lifts Jackals in Quebec City - New Jersey Jackals
- Can-Am League Game Recaps - Can-Am
- Boulders Win First of 2019 - Rockland Boulders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New Jersey Jackals Stories
- Yogi Berra Museum & Learning Center Presents: Darryl Strawberry in Conversation with Ira Berkow
- New Jersey Jackals: 2019 Can-Am League Champions
- Jackals Take 2-1 Series Lead with Shutout of Miners
- Miners Roll Past Jackals to Even Series at 1-1
- Jackals Walk-Off Miners in Game One of Championship Series