Six Days to Debut: DeLaGarza and Ulloa Look Forward to First MLS Match
After the first five weeks of preseason, Inter Miami players are ready to officially get life started in MLS. Prior to the beginning of the team's training session on Monday morning, A.J. DeLaGarza and Victor Ulloa shared their thoughts about the first weeks working as a group, bonding with teammates and looking forward to Sunday's MLS debut.
"It's been a long preseason and as a new team, a new franchise, we're all really just excited to get going and get started on the right foot," said Ulloa. "We have a great group of guys. We've been preaching brotherhood and family and we want to fight for each other on and off the field. It was a great idea to have us all together the whole preseason. We've been building on those relationships and that chemistry and obviously working very hard on the field to try and get going on the right foot from the get-go."
Regarding preseason training and the friendly matches played by Inter Miami both players highlighted the progress made by the group in a just a few weeks, but are aware that competing in MLS will raise the stakes.
"You can play as many preseason games as you want but there's nothing like playing in front of 30,000 people all cheering against you," stated DeLaGarza. "I think these are the games that you look forward to playing and it's one of those atmospheres that is one of the best in the league. I'm looking forward to stepping on a field and playing in front of a crowd and it meaning something."
"We've been working on our style of play all preseason. Since day one everything with the ball and we've been growing. We've had a couple of games that have been building blocks for us and the true test starts this Sunday," added Ulloa.
Inter Miami's faces LAFC away in their first match MLS on Sunday and both DeLaGarza and Ulloa are ready to get going.
"What a great test it's going to be for us from the get-go to go down there to their house and play against them in their home field," added Ulloa. "It's going to be a true test for us. It's going to be a challenge that we accept and we have to take with full responsibility. We have to be ready to fight for 90 minutes and why not give the surprise by going over there and get a good result."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 24, 2020
- Six Days to Debut: DeLaGarza and Ulloa Look Forward to First MLS Match - Inter Miami CF
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: February 24, 2020 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Join Nashville SC's Founding MLS Member Program Before February 29 - Nashville SC
- The Village Stand Sold out for Season Opener - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- LA Galaxy Acquire General Allocation Money from Sporting Kansas City - LA Galaxy
- Chicago Fire FC Expand Spanish-Language Content Offering, Launch @VamosFire on Twitter - Chicago Fire
- Sporting Signs 18-Year-Old Goalkeeper John Pulskamp - Sporting Kansas City
- Orlando City SC Waives Defender Jonathan Dean - Orlando City SC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. FC Motagua - Atlanta United FC
- LAFC Back for Season 3 - Los Angeles FC
- Your Home Jersey Is Here: Inter Miami CF Unveils Inaugural Home Jersey - Inter Miami CF
- Arriola Undergoes Successful Surgery to Repair ACL - D.C. United
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires Argentine Midfielder Gaston Gimenez as Designated Player - Chicago Fire
- Vanderbilt Health Joins Nashville Soccer Club as Exclusive Health Care Provider - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Inter Miami CF Stories
- MLS 25 Years Later: Jason Kreis
- 25 Years After Debut: How David Beckham Has Influenced Inter Miami's Own
- Herons from Home: Victor Ulloa Talks Team Video Calls, Online Classes, and Family Time
- Herons from Home: Dylan Nealis Becoming Bilingual
- Inter Miami CF Inks Local English-Language TV Deal with CBS Miami