Simon Lovsin Signs with the Thunderbirds
KENT - The Seattle Thunderbirds have announced forward Simon Lovsin has signed a WHL Standard Player Agreement with the team. Lovsin was selected by the T-Birds in the 2021 WHL Prospects Draft in round two, 44th overall.
So far during the 2021-22 season Lovsin has played in 9 games with Saints Pro Hockey Academy U17 and has 8 goals and 12 assists for a total of 20 points.
"Simon is a very well-rounded player that plays a complete game both offensively and defensively," said Director of Player Development, Steven Goertzen. "He has great hockey sense; play making ability and can easily find chemistry with his teammates. He competes hard, sees the ice well and can strip pucks with a great stick, allowing him to excel in a puck possession game. We have seen his progress first-hand over the years in the Saints Pro Hockey Academy and we are excited to see him become an impact player at the WHL level."
"We are really excited to see Simon continue his development within our organization," said General Manager, Bil La Forge. "He plays the game the way we like to see it played."
By signing a WHL Standard Player Agreement, Lovsin is guaranteed a WHL Scholarship for every year he plays in the WHL. A player can attend any career enhancing institution of his choice, including universities, colleges, technical institutes, trade schools, or any other institution which will help the player achieve his academic and career goals.
For each season played in the WHL, a player receives a one-year post-secondary scholarship, which includes: Tuition, Compulsory Fees and Required Textbooks.
The WHL provides the top young hockey talent in western Canada and the United States with the opportunity to develop their skills on the ice at the highest possible level, without compromising their academic goals.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from January 18, 2022
- Hitmen Edge Regina in Shootout - Calgary Hitmen
- Müller, Dietrich to Represent at 2022 Beijing Olympics - Everett Silvertips
- Simon Lovsin Signs with the Thunderbirds - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Doust out for Remainder of the Season with an Injury - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Pats Host Hitmen for First Meeting at Brandt Centre - Regina Pats
- Frustrating Night for Rebels in Loss to Opportunistic Raiders - Red Deer Rebels
- Seven Different Raiders Score In Win Over Rebels - Prince Albert Raiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.