Sikura, Delia Assigned to Rockford
ROCKFORD, Ill. - The Chicago Blackhawks today announced they have assigned forward Dylan Sikura and goaltender Collin Delia to the American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs.
Sikura, 23, completed his senior season at Northeastern University last year where he was selected as a Hobey Baker finalist after logging 54 points (22g, 32a) in 35 games. He finished second on the Huskies and third among all NCAA skaters in scoring in 2017-18, and his 22 goals established a career-high mark for his collegiate tenure.
The Aurora, Ontario native was also tabbed the Hockey East Player of the Month for October, was named to the Hockey East All-Tournament Team and was a Hockey East First-Team All-Star selection during his senior season. Sikura then capped his standout year by helping Northeastern to its first Beanpot Championship since 1988 and an appearance in the NCAA tournament.
Overall, Sikura combined for 146 points (58g, 88a) in 137 career games with the Huskies from 2014-18. He ranks 14th all-time at Northeastern in both points and assists, and tied for 28th in career goals.
Sikura was originally selected by Chicago in the sixth round (178th overall) of the 2014 NHL Draft. He made his NHL debut with the Blackhawks last season and tallied three assists in five games.
He is the younger brother of current IceHogs forward, Tyler Sikura.
Delia, 24, played at each of the three levels of the Blackhawks system last season, beginning the year in Indy before spending the majority of the 2017-18 campaign with the IceHogs. The rookie netminder led Rockford in wins during the regular season after posting a 17-7-4 record with a 2.72 GAA and .900 save percentage through his team high-tying 28 appearances. He finished the season unbeaten in regulation in 12 of his final 13 AHL outings, boasting a 10-1-2 record from Feb. 18 through the conclusion of the regular season.
The Rancho Cucamonga, California native was also recalled by the Blackhawks last season and earned the win in his NHL debut with 25 saves against the Winnipeg Jets on March 29 at the United Center.
The IceHogs roster currently sits at 27 players (15 forwards, nine defensemen and three goaltenders).
NEXT HOME GAME: Saturday, Oct. 13 vs. Texas Stars | 6 p.m.
The Rockford IceHogs will host their home opener for the 2018-19 season on Saturday, Oct. 13 against the Texas Stars at 6 p.m. at the BMO Harris Bank Center. The first 4,000 fans in attendance to Rockford's first home game of the campaign will receive a free IceHogs calendar, courtesy of Impact Networking. Call the IceHogs front office at (815) 968-5222 or visit icehogs.com to purchase tickets.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from September 30, 2018
- Parsons Stops 45 Shots as Heat Fall in Preseason Finale - Stockton Heat
- Callahan Scores Twice; Condors Sweep Preseason, 4-3 - Bakersfield Condors
- Amerks Defeat Crunch 4-1 in Preseason Finale - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Go Perfect in Preseason with 3-2 Win at Hershey - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bears Drop Preseason Finale to Pens, 3-2 - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Topped by Amerks, 4-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- T-Birds Rally Late vs. Providence, Look Ahead to Regular Season - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Admirals Release Three, Assign One - Milwaukee Admirals
- Rampage Trim Preseason Roster - San Antonio Rampage
- Dallas and Texas Make Roster Moves - Texas Stars
- Moose Reduce Roster by Eight Players - Manitoba Moose
- Chicago Wolves Reduce Roster to 22 Players Ahead of Friday's Opener - Chicago Wolves
- Rangers Assign Brandon Crawley to Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Eagles Add Experience with Forward Cody Bass - Colorado Eagles
- Heat Host Preseason Party at Stockton Arena Today at 5PM - Stockton Heat
- Senators Trim Training Camp Roster to 24 - Belleville Senators
- Red Wings Assign Six to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Marlies Update Training Camp Roster - Toronto Marlies
- Colorado Sends Four to Utah Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Wolf Pack Announce Roster Moves - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Columbus Blue Jackets Assign 12 Players to AHL's Cleveland Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Late Third Period Goals Steal Victory from Rocket - Laval Rocket
- Sikura, Delia Assigned to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Barracuda Fall to Eagles 4-2 in Preseason Finale - San Jose Barracuda
- Colorado Concludes Preseason with 4-2 Win over Barracuda - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.