Short-handed Atlético Ottawa falls to Pacific FC
Ottawa, ON - Despite Malcolm Shaw scoring one of the fastest goals in the history of the league (2', unofficial) and an early 2-0 lead after 15 minutes of play, Atlético Ottawa couldn't fend off Pacific FC on Wednesday night (L 2-4). The Atléti will look to regroup, travel home on Thursday and prepare for the next chapter of this 2021 CPL Season.
Malcolm Shaw scored twice on the night (2', 15'), his 2nd and 3rd of the season. He is now tied in second place in the league's top scorer chase (leader VAL Ricci with 4).
Ottawa had to withstand Pacific FC's pressure with only 10 men following the early dismissal of Ben McKendry (straight red card, dangerous kick, 22'). Head Coach Mista was also sent off (accumulation, 35'). Both will miss the club's next match.
Atlético Ottawa travels back to Ottawa on Thursday to start preparing for the second portion of the 2021 season, including its historic home opener at TD Place on August 14th. The team will first travel East to play the Wanderers, in Halifax, on August 2nd.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Premier League message board...
Canadian Premier League Stories from July 21, 2021
- Diaz Hat-Trick Lifts Pacific to Comeback Victory over 10-Men Atlético Ottawa - Atletico Ottawa
- Short-handed Atlético Ottawa falls to Pacific FC - Atletico Ottawa
- Matchday Notes - July 21, 2021 FCE vs HFX - HFX Wanderers FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atletico Ottawa Stories
- Nepean Hotspurs Soccer Club Joins Powered by Atlético Ottawa Community Partner Program
- Atlético Ottawa Adds Striker Raúl Uche to Roster
- Atlético Ottawa Launches 'Pay What You Want' for First Home Match
- The Boys Are Back in Town: YOW Arrival
- Match Analysis: Pacific FC 4-2 Atlético Ottawa