Sharks Sign Fullback / Linebacker Patrick Arinze
JACKSONVILLE - The Jacksonville Sharks announced today that fullback Patrick Arinze signed with the Jacksonville Sharks for his third year of arena football and first with the Sharks.Patrick Arinze (5'11",270) spent the 2017 season with the Green Bay Blizzard of the IFL, where he was placed on injured reserved for the season. Arinze spent his rookie season with the Arizona Rattlers in 2016, but was later placed on recallable reassignment.
Arinze began his college career at Grossmont Community College in El Cajon, California. During his time at Grossmont, he played in 10 games recording 21 rushing yards and two touchdowns before transferring to Arkansas. As a Razorback, Arinze played in 20 games where he was primarily used a blocker for RB Alex Collins and Jonathan Williams. Arinze helped Arkansas to 1,000 plus rushing yards his senior year. Arinze is a native of Las Mesa, California where he attended Helix High School playing both offensive line and defensive line.
• Discuss this story on the National Arena League message board...
National Arena League Stories from October 6, 2017
- Sharks add Wide Receiver Montario Hunter - Jacksonville Sharks
- Sharks Sign Fullback / Linebacker Patrick Arinze - Jacksonville Sharks
- Veteran Fullback and former Razorback joins Jacksonville - Jacksonville Sharks
- April Cooper Named Assistant Dance Team Director - Jacksonville Sharks
- Local choreographer to help lead the Attack in 2018 - Jacksonville Sharks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Jacksonville Sharks Stories
- Sharks Look To Repeat History Against The Lions On The Road
- Sharks fall to Pirates in home opener 56-63
- Country Night presented by Baptist Health returns to the Shark Tank
- Week Two Game Preview: Sharks vs. Pirates
- Sharks tame Cobras 41-38 in season opening nail-biter