Sharks sign Former JU Quarterback Patrick McCain
McCain returns to Jacksonville to continue Pro Career
JACKSONVILLE - The Jacksonville Sharks announced today that Quarterback Patrick McCain signed with the Jacksonville Sharks for his first year of arena football and first with the Sharks.
McCain (6'4", 230) enters his first year in arena football with the Jacksonville Sharks. In 2017, McCain played for the Nebraska Danger of the Indoor Football League, and threw for 842 yards and 18 touchdowns. Prior to the Danger, McCain spent seasons on the Tri-Cities Fever of the Indoor Football League from 2015-2016. During the 2016 season, McCain completed 82 of 170 passes for 907 yards with 21 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. In 2015, he completed 8 of 18 passes for 124 yards with two touchdowns and one interception before suffering a season ending injury.
McCain spent his college career at Jacksonville University, where played behind All-Pioneer League Quarterback Kade Bell. During McCain's career as a Dolphin, he had 22 completions for 239 yards and one touchdown while rushing for 30 yards on four carries.
McCain is a native of Miami, FL and was a quarterback at Coral Gables, where he was an honor roll student who earned All-Dade County Honorable Mention his Junior and Senior seasons, passed for 2,280 yards and 23 touchdowns, ran for 348 yards and three touchdowns. He led the team to consecutive 6A playoff appearances and broke the school record for most touchdown passes in a quarter and a half.
• Discuss this story on the National Arena League message board...
National Arena League Stories from November 8, 2017
- Sharks Sign Wide Receiver Chris Gilchrist - Jacksonville Sharks
- Sharks Sign Former JU Quarterback Patrick McCain - Jacksonville Sharks
- Jacksonville Sharks add another Wide Receiver to Roster - Jacksonville Sharks
- Sharks sign Former JU Quarterback Patrick McCain - Jacksonville Sharks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Jacksonville Sharks Stories
- Week Eight Game Preview: Sharks vs. Pirates
- Second Half Rally Puts Sharks over Mammoths 46-25
- What You Need To Know - Military Appreciation Night
- Renowned Artist Joe Everson to Perform at Sharks Military Appreciation Night
- Sharks look to extend win streak to three