Seth Rosin Added to Eastern League All-Star Team
READING, Pa. - Reading Fightin Phils starting pitcher Seth Rosin has been added to the Eastern Division All-Star Roster for next week's 2013 Eastern League All-Star Game in New Britain , the Eastern League announced Wednesday. Rosin joins fellow Fightins Jesse Biddle, Jim Murphy, and Albert Cartwright as the Reading contingent on the roster.
In his first full season as a starter, Rosin has fit in nicely in the Fightins rotation by going 6-4 with a 3.96 ERA in 16 starts. His team-leading six wins are a career high for the 24-year old. In addition to striking out 65 and walking a rotation-low 25 batters, Rosin has allowed the fifth-lowest amount of base runners (average of 10.38 per nine innings) among starters in the Eastern League.
Along with Eastern Division and Reading teammate Biddle, Rosin was bestowed Eastern League Pitcher of the Week honors after going 2-0 with a 1.29 ERA and 13 strikeouts from May 20 through May 26. The accolade was highlighted by a start where Rosin set a pair of career highs after striking out eight batters in eight innings.
A right-handed pitcher, Rosin was acquired by the Philadelphia Phillies alongside Tommy Joseph and Nate Schierholtz as part of the trade with the San Francisco Giants for Hunter Pence last summer. He was originally drafted by the Giants out of the University of Minnesota in the fourth round of the 2010 draft.
Rosin will start at 7:05 p.m. tonight at FirstEnergy Stadium as the Fightins look for the three-game series sweep against the Richmond Flying Squirrels.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from July 3, 2013
- Squirrels Break Away Late to Salvage Finale, 7-4 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Goodwin and Souza Go Back-To-Back in 5-0 Win - Harrisburg Senators
- Packer Twirls Another Gem, Gets Help from Pen in 3-1 Win - Akron RubberDucks
- Britton and Cecchini lead Portland to 7-0 win over Trenton - Portland Sea Dogs
- Three-Run Seventh Leads Curve by B-Mets in Finale - Altoona Curve
- Nolin Shuts Down Rock Cats in 6-1 Victory - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Thunder Shutout in Portland to Finish Rough Trip - Trenton Thunder
- Aeros Put Baysox to Sleep - Bowie Baysox
- Rock Cats Clawed by New Hampshire; Lose 6-1 - New Britain Rock Cats
- McCormick Added to Eastern League All-Stars - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Three More Added to Western Division Roster - EL
- Altoona Curve Game Information: July 3, 2013 - Altoona Curve
- Sea Dogs vs. Thunder - Game Notes - July 3, 2013 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Adams, Murata, and McCormick Added to All-Star Game - Akron RubberDucks
- SeaWolves vs. Senators - Game Notes - July 3, 2013 - Erie SeaWolves
- Additional All-Star Roster Changes Announced - EL
- Seth Rosin Added to Eastern League All-Star Team - Reading Fightin Phils
- Curve Players Named to All-Star Team - Altoona Curve
- Matt Spring Added to Eastern League All-Star Roster - Portland Sea Dogs
- B-Mets vs. Curve - Game Notes - July 3, 2013 - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Biggest Fireworks Show & McCutchen Bobbles just a sliver of Upcoming Homestand - Altoona Curve
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.