Series Opener Rained out in Burlington
BURLINGTON, Iowa - Game four of the Great Lakes Loons' six-game Western Division road trip was officially postponed only 20 minutes after the scheduled first pitch time of 6:30 p.m. CDT on Saturday night. A flood warning in the southeastern part of Iowa made it an easy decision to plan on a doubleheader for Sunday afternoon.
The doubleheader at Community Field will include two seven-inning games against the Burlington Bees, a Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim affiliate. First pitch of game one is scheduled for 1 p.m. Radio pregame coverage begins at 12:30.
The Loons are 2-1 on their current road trip after winning their first series of the second half by the defeating the Clinton LumberKings. Great Lakes is 4-2 in doubleheader games this season.
With the postponement, right-hander Gerardo Carrillo had his Loons debut delayed. Carrillo is set to face-off against righty Jose Soriano (0-3, 6.00) in game one. The pitching matchup for game two features a pair of right-handers as well. Great Lakes will throw Jeronimo Castro (0-1, 4.50) and Burlington counters with Denny Brady (0-2, 9.00).
The Great Lakes Loons have been the Single-A partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers since the team's inception in 2007. Dow Diamond serves as the team's home and also houses the Michigan Baseball Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit public charity, and ESPN 100.9-FM. For tickets or information about the Loons, call 989-837-BALL or visit Loons.com.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from July 14, 2018
- Grand Slam Turns Tide in 11-3 Loss - Lake County Captains
- Snappers Bounce Back, Defeat Whitecaps 4-3 in Thriller - Beloit Snappers
- Late Run Pushes Hot Rods Past Bandits 4-3 - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Miranda's Grand Slam Lifts Kernels to 11-3 Win - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Errors Cost Cubs in 5-2 Defeat to Wisconsin - South Bend Cubs
- Costello and Larsen homer in Clinton 4-1 win - Clinton LumberKings
- L-Kings' Offensive Flurry Drops Lugs, 4-1 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Hot Rods Come from Behind to Best Bandits 4-3 - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Wisconsin Opens Series in South Bend with 5-2 Win - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- McGuff Wins Dragons Debut as Dayton Tops Kane County 1-0 - Dayton Dragons
- Maciel Extends Streak in Shutout Loss - Kane County Cougars
- Series Opener Rained out in Burlington - Great Lakes Loons
- Lugnuts Activate Pitcher Shannon, Place Sellers on DL - Lansing Lugnuts
- TinCaps Game Notes: July 14 at Peoria (Game 92) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Snappers Will Host Two Teams in Six Game Homestand - Beloit Snappers
- Michael Davis joins Kernels from Elizabethton - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dragons Notes for Saturday - Dayton Dragons
- Sandoval snaps skid with towering home run - Clinton LumberKings
- LumberKings Hand Loons Late Night Loss - Great Lakes Loons
- Chiefs Snap Captains' Winning Streak - Lake County Captains
- Lugnuts' Game-Tying Rally in 9th Erased by Power Failure in 7-2 Loss - Lansing Lugnuts
- Cubs Salvage Series Finale with 6-1 Win over Snappers - South Bend Cubs
- Sloppy Effort Leads to TinCaps Loss - Fort Wayne TinCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.