Senators and Baysox Suspended for Second Night in a Row
Tuesday's seven-inning game between the Harrisburg Senators and Bowie Baysox was suspended in the top of the seventh inning with the score tied 4-4. The game will resume Wednesday morning beginning at 11:05 a.m. Wednesday's scheduled game will be a full nine contest and will begin approximately 30 minutes after the conclusion of the resumed game.
The Senators opened the scoring with a run in the first against Bowie starter Hunter Harvey on an RBI single by Dan Gamache.
Bowie responded in the first when Ryan Mountcastle, facing Senators starter Kyle McGowin, singled in a run to knot the game 1-1.
The Senators plated another pair of runs in the third to take the lead. With Daniel Johnson and Stephen Perez on base on a single and a walk respectively, Juan Soto knocked a run-scoring single. The next batter, Gamache, drove in a run with a groundball fielder's choice to put the Senators ahead 3-1.
The lead was short-lived as the Baysox struck for three runs in the third to take the lead. After two batters reached with one out, Bowie scored three runs on a run-scoring single, double and sacrifice fly.
McGowin allowed four runs on six hits while striking out seven and walking one across five and two-thirds innings in his first start of 2018 with the Senators. Harvey lasted four innings and allowed three runs on four hits.
The Baysox remained ahead 4-3 until the Senators tied the game in the top of the sixth. After Drew Ward walked with two outs and was pinch run for by Zach Collier, Osvaldo Abreu hit a fly ball to center that was dropped by Cedric Mullins which allowed the tying run to score.
The game was suspended prior to the start of the top of the seventh inning with Khayyan Norfork due to bat.
Earlier Tuesday the Senators and Baysox completed Monday's suspended game, as the Senators won 8-2.
The Senators box office is open Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Tickets are available via telephone during the same hours as the box office hours. Tickets are also available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, online at www.senatorsbaseball.com. You can find the Senators on Facebook at facebook.com/senatorsbaseball or @hbgsenators on Twitter.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from May 17, 2018
- Seven-Run Lead Squandered, Portland Takes Opener - Altoona Curve
- Early Rally Propels Thunder over Bowie - Trenton Thunder
- Five-Run First Costs Baysox in 11-5 Loss - Bowie Baysox
- Epic Night in Altoona: Sea Dogs Win 12-9 in 10 Innings - Portland Sea Dogs
- RubberDucks Pass Yard Goats 7-5 - Akron RubberDucks
- Fisher Cats Break up No-Hit Bid in Sixth Inning of 11-1 Defeat - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Yard Goats Show Swag, Flashing Leather and Muscle to Top Ducks - Hartford Yard Goats
- Taylor & McNeil Blast Ponies Past Fisher Cats - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Senators and Flying Squirrels Postponed - Harrisburg Senators
- Flying Squirrels & Harrisburg Senators Postponed Thursday - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: Game #38 - Rumble Ponies (19-18) at Fisher Cats (23-13) - 6:35 PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Sea Dogs Game Notes May 17th at Altoona - Portland Sea Dogs
- Harrisburg Senators Game Notes at Richmond - Game #39 - Harrisburg Senators
- Sea Dogs' Homestand Preview: May 22-28 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Squirrels to Host 5th Annual Guns & Hoses Softball Game - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Senators and Baysox Suspended for Second Night in a Row - Harrisburg Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Harrisburg Senators Stories
- Home-Win Bound: Sens Close 2018 with Sweep
- Sharp Is Sterling as Sens Win Third Straight
- Senators Expel Squirrels 7-4 to Complete Suspended Game
- Senators Come Back to Ground Squirrels in Extras 4-3
- One If by Land, Eight If by Sea(Wolves): Erie Spoils Sens Home Finale 15-7