Seattle Storm Waives Khaalia Hillsman and Brittany McPhee
SEATTLE - The Seattle Storm today announced that Khaalia Hillsman and Brittany McPhee have been waived. The move trims Seattle's roster to 13 players prior to Thursday's deadline of final cuts at 2 p.m. PT.
A 6-5 center out of Texas A&M, Hillsman averaged 14.5 points and 7.7 rebounds per game her senior season en route to leading the Aggies to the Sweet 16 of the 2018 NCAA Tournament. She capped her senior campaign with 26 wins, the most of her career in College Station, Texas. She left Texas A&M ranked ninth in career points (1,406), fourth in rebounds (842), third in blocks (141) and first in double-doubles with 24 for her career.
A native of Normandy Park, Wash., McPhee led Stanford in scoring her senior season with 16.7 points per game. While playing for the Cardinal, McPhee, a 6-0 guard, accumulated 1,250 career points, 926 of which came during her junior and senior seasons when she earned a starting role for the final 63 games of her career. A hard worker off the hardwood, McPhee was the 2017-18 Pac-12 Scholar-Athlete of the Year, and she also garnered Associated Press (AP) All-America Honorable Mention and All-Pac-12 honors her senior season.
The Storm tips off the 2018 slate against the Phoenix Mercury on May 20 during Opening Night presented by Swedish, with start time set for 6 p.m. PT at KeyArena. The first 3,000 fans in attendance will receive a Sue Bird bobblehead to celebrate her league record-breaking assist last season at Washington, and her game-worn jersey from that contest will also be on display, allowing fans to take photos and capture a visual taste of WNBA history.
Fans can secure the best seats in the house with Storm 360 Memberships, available now, starting at $216, available online or by calling (206) 217-WNBA (9622). Packages and group discounts are available at 206-217-WNBA (9622).
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from May 16, 2018
- Atlanta Dream Waive Mackenzie Engram, Adaora Elonu - Atlanta Dream
- Jewell Loyd, Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis Ink Multi-Year Extensions with Seattle - Seattle Storm
- Las Vegas Waives Holmes, Burdick, Slaughter. Hamby Joins Team from Overseas - Las Vegas Aces
- Seattle Storm Waives Khaalia Hillsman and Brittany McPhee - Seattle Storm
- WNBA Season Preview Special Airs on SiriusXM May 17 - WNBA
- 2018 WNBA.com GM Survey: Los Angeles Predicted to Win Championship - WNBA
- ESPN Tips off the 2018 WNBA Season on May 20 - WNBA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Storm Stories
- Seattle Storm Unveils Roster for Opening Night Presented by Swedish
- Seattle Storm Partners with Denali Advanced Integration to Introduce Special 'Birds Nest' Section of KeyArena
- Jewell Loyd, Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis Ink Multi-Year Extensions with Seattle
- Seattle Storm Waives Khaalia Hillsman and Brittany McPhee
- Head Coach Dan Hughes to Miss Final Preseason Game