Seattle Storm Partners with Denali Advanced Integration to Introduce Special 'Birds Nest' Section of KeyArena
SEATTLE - The Seattle Storm, in partnership with Denali Advanced Integration, a global leader in Enterprise IT has announced the 'Birds Nest,' a section of KeyArena that will host local non-profits who align with the franchise's mission and values.
"As we continue to spotlight those who are working to better our community, we are excited to roll out the Birds Nest at KeyArena," said Storm President and GM Alisha Valavanis. "Thanks to Denali, this partnership will highlight those who play such a key role in our community."
Tickets are still available for non-profit groups to take advantage of today by calling the Storm at 206-272-2626.
The 'Birds Nest' was created as part of StormCares and lies within the StormAssist pillar. In February, the franchise launched its 'StormCares' platform, highlighting five initiative pillars anchored in the organization's focused and intentional efforts in the community. The 'Birds Nest' is no exception, as it allows low-income families to attend Storm games, giving kids in the community an opportunity to adopt Storm players as role models.
"We are excited to partner with the Seattle Storm to help strengthen our community and make a positive impact in the lives of our youth," said Denali CEO and Founder Majdi Daher. "Denali and The Seattle Storm are culturally aligned and through the 'StormCares' platform we share many of the same values. We look forward to seeing our collective efforts empower kids to dream big and achieve their full potential. Go Storm!"
A total of 50 seats will be reserved solely for youth in the 'Birds Nest,' and chaperones and/or parents can also be included in the final headcount for tickets. The Storm will provide these groups an exciting gameday experience, highlighted by coverage on KeyArena's video board and special 'Birds Nest' signs to wave during the game.
In addition, the group with the highest show rate for the season will win the StormAssist MVP award, which includes a basketball signed by the 2018 Storm roster, visit from Doppler to the local club, personal 'thank you' video from a Storm player and coverage on the Storm's social media platforms.
The Storm tips off the 2018 slate against the Phoenix Mercury on May 20 during Opening Night presented by Swedish, with start time set for 6 p.m. PT at KeyArena. The first 3,000 fans in attendance will receive a Sue Bird bobblehead to celebrate her league record-breaking assist last season at Washington, and her game-worn jersey from that contest will also be on display, allowing fans to take photos and capture a visual taste of WNBA history.
Fans can secure the best seats in the house with Storm 360 Memberships, available now, starting at $216, available online or by calling (206) 217-WNBA (9622). Packages and group discounts are available at 206-217-WNBA (9622).
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from May 17, 2018
- New York Liberty Announce 2018 Opening Night Roster - New York Liberty
- Las Vegas Makes Final Roster Decisions Prior to Start of Regular Season - Las Vegas Aces
- Washington Mystics Finalize Roster - Washington Mystics
- LA Sparks Announce Final Roster - Los Angeles Sparks
- Seattle Storm Unveils Roster for Opening Night Presented by Swedish - Seattle Storm
- Atlanta Dream Finalize 2018 Opening Day Roster - Atlanta Dream
- Phoenix Mercury Announces 2018 Opening Night Roster - Phoenix Mercury
- Seattle Storm Partners with Denali Advanced Integration to Introduce Special 'Birds Nest' Section of KeyArena - Seattle Storm
- Monumental Sports Network to Broadcast All Mystics Games - Washington Mystics
- WNBA Invites Fans to "Take a Seat, Take a Stand" for Women and Girls During 2018 Season - WNBA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Storm Stories
- Seattle Storm Announces Pint for Pint Blood Drive with Bloodworks Northwest
- Seattle Storm Unveils Roster for Opening Night Presented by Swedish
- Seattle Storm Partners with Denali Advanced Integration to Introduce Special 'Birds Nest' Section of KeyArena
- Jewell Loyd, Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis Ink Multi-Year Extensions with Seattle
- Seattle Storm Waives Khaalia Hillsman and Brittany McPhee