Seattle Adds Brittany McPhee to Training Camp Roster
SEATTLE - The Seattle Storm today announced that guard Brittany McPhee has signed with the franchise, bringing the team's training camp roster to 15 players.
Stanford's leading scorer in 2017-18, McPhee is no stranger to the Seattle area, having grown up in Normandy Park a mere 14-mile drive south of Seattle. While playing for the Cardinal, McPhee, a 6-0 guard, accumulated 1,250 career points, 926 of which came during her junior and senior seasons when she earned a starting role for the final 63 games of her career. Along with 16.7 points, she averaged 5.4 rebounds and 2.4 dimes per game her senior season, leading Stanford to the NCAA Tournament, bowing out in the Sweet 16. A hard worker off the hardwood, McPhee was the 2017-18 Pac-12 Scholar-Athlete of the Year, and she also garnered Associated Press (AP) All-America Honorable Mention and All-Pac-12 honors her senior campaign.
"Growing up in Normandy Park, Wash., the Seattle Storm was a big part of why I grew to love basketball," said McPhee. "They were the championship franchise in Seattle winning in 2004 and 2010. Sue Bird, Lauren Jackson and all the other great players were perfect role models to see how women can succeed and achieve their goals in sports. I am very thankful and honored for the opportunity to continue my basketball career with the Storm and can't wait to get started!"
Seattle added two in the 2018 WNBA Draft presented by State Farm on April 12, selecting 5-6 guard Jordin Canada from UCLA in the first round (fifth overall) and Teana Muldrow, a 6-1 forward from West Virginia in the third round (29th overall).
The Storm tips off the 2018 slate against the Phoenix Mercury on May 20 during Opening Night presented by Swedish, with start time set for 6 p.m. PT at KeyArena. The first 3,000 fans in attendance will receive a Sue Bird bobblehead to celebrate her league record-breaking assist last season at Washington, and her game-worn jersey from that contest will also be on display, allowing fans to take photos and capture a visual taste of WNBA history.
Fans can secure the best seats in the house with Storm 360 Memberships, available now, starting at $216, available online or by calling (206) 217-WNBA (9622). Packages and group discounts are available at 206-217-WNBA (9622).
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from April 16, 2018
- Roster Set for USA Basketball Women's National Team Camp in Seattle - WNBA
- ESPN's Audience for WNBA Draft 2018 Presented by State Farm up 25%; ESPN2 Telecast Most-Watched Since 2014 - WNBA
- Seattle Adds Brittany McPhee to Training Camp Roster - Seattle Storm
- Seattle Storm and Seattle Reign FC Announce Reign Storm Night - Seattle Storm
- Tickets for Verizon WNBA All-Star 2018 on Sale Now - Minnesota Lynx
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Storm Stories
- Seattle Storm Announces 2018 Inspiring Women Honorees
- Seattle Adds Khaalia Hillsman, Emily Potter to Training Camp Roster
- Seattle Storm Waives Alexis Peterson
- Seattle Adds Brittany McPhee to Training Camp Roster
- Seattle Storm and Seattle Reign FC Announce Reign Storm Night