Season Comes to a Close for Solar Bears in Game 7 Loss To Everblades
ESTERO, Fla. - The Orlando Solar Bears saw their 2016-17 season come to an end in Game 7 of the South Division Semifinals after falling to the Florida Everblades by a 7-4 score on Wednesday night at Germain Arena.
Orlando: Milos Bubela (Shane Conacher, Denver Manderson), Chris Crane (Darik Angeli, Chris Bradley), Taylor Doherty [PP] (C. Bradley, Eric Baier), D. Manderson (Eric Faille, Joe Perry)
Goaltender: Mitch Gillam: 26/32 in 44:54; Kris Joyce: 4/5 in 15:06
Florida: Brendan O'Donnell [PP] (Zack Kamrass, Matt Berry), Stephen MacAulay (B. O'Donnell), Brant Harris (Kevin Raine, Levko Koper), Dalton Smith (Mike Ferrantino, S. McAulay), M. Berry [PP] (John McCarron, Mike Marcou), S. MacAulay (Matt Hatch, M. Ferrantino), B. O'Donnell (Logan Roe, J. McCarron)
Goaltender: Anthony Peters: 23/27
ON THE SCORESHEET
- Milos Bubela evened the score at 1-1 at 14:50 of the first period just 21 seconds after Brendan O'Donnell had opened the scoring with a power-play goal. Bubela teamed up with Denver Manderson and Shane Conacher with a solid effort off the forecheck that led to Bubela burying a shot from the left side of the net past Anthony Peters for his second goal in as many nights for Orlando. Manderson and Conacher picked up points for the second straight game as well.
- After the Everblades scored four consecutive goals, Chris Crane netted his second of the playoffs at 1:54 of the third period from Darik Angeli and Chris Bradley.
- Orlando got goals in the final two minutes from Taylor Doherty and Manderson, who finished the playoffs with 10 points (5g-5a) in seven games to lead the team.
- This campaign represented the farthest the Solar Bears have advanced in the Kelly Cup Playoffs, winning three playoff games in the process.
1) Stephen MacAulay - FLA
2) Brendan O'Donnell - FLA
3) John McCarron - FLA
Season Ticket Memberships for the 2017-18 Orlando Solar Bears season are on sale now. Visit orlandosolarbearshockey.com or call (407) 951-8200 for more information.
The Solar Bears mobile app, presented by BB&T, gives Solar Bears fans everything they need right in their pocket. The app is also home to the brand-new Loyalty & Rewards Program, which provides Solar Bears fans with opportunities to accumulate points and redeem them for exclusive prizes. The app is FREE and available for both iOS and Android devices.
The Orlando Solar Bears are the proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Toronto Maple Leafs and AHL's Toronto Marlies, and play all of their home games at the ARS.com Rink at Amway Center, the 2012 Street and Smith's Sports Business Journal Sports Facility of the Year.
Follow the Solar Bears on OrlandoSolarBearsHockey.com, Facebook, Twitter ( @OrlandoHockey) and Instagram ( SolarBearsHockey) for all the latest news and updates.
Season tickets, Corporate Flex vouchers and Group tickets are a great way to entertain employees, co-workers, clients, friends and family. For more information on all of the Solar Bears ticket packages, call (407) 951-8200 or visit orlandosolarbearshockey.com.
Officially licensed Orlando Solar Bears replica team jerseys, apparel and headwear can be purchased online at orlandosolarbearshockey.com/shop.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 27, 2017
- Beast Mount Another Incredible Comeback to Take Game One In - Brampton Beast
- Monarchs Drop Game 1 in Overtime, 3-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- 31 Days of Thunder Kicks off Monday - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions -April 27 - ECHL
- Keep Hockey Here Campaign To Hold Fundraiser On June 2 - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Kelly Cup Playoffs Game Day Capsule, 4.27 - Manchester Monarchs
- Season Comes to a Close for Solar Bears in Game 7 Loss To Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.