Seals to Join Missing Types Movement
The San Diego Seals are proud to join the American Red Cross in their Missing Types Campaign.
The letters you see missing may not seem like a big deal. But the letters A, B and O make up the main blood groups. And for a patient in the hospital needing blood, it's everything.
Only 3 out of 100 Americans donate blood, yet every two seconds someone needs it. Fewer people are donating blood to help patients. We are trying to change that by joining the Missing Types movement and fill in the missing blood types.
By donating blood you'll help kids battling cancer, accident victims, and patients fighting life-threatening conditions. You'll also partner alongside celebrities, iconic brands, donors, volunteers, and families raising awareness about why blood donations are crucial. No matter your blood type, we need you. Together, we can fill the missing types.
The Seals will be out at the San Diego County Fair on Friday, June 14 and Saturday, June 15 from 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM at the Del Mar Arena with the American Red Cross' Bloodmobile. Seals forward Austin Staats and transition player Johnny Pearson, Salty and the Sirens dancers will be there throughout the day. Stop by, say hi and donate blood this weekend!
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from June 10, 2019
- Seals to Join Missing Types Movement - San Diego Seals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Diego Seals Stories
- National Lacrosse League Elects to Shift Attention to Next Season
- Full-Length Seals Games to Air on FOX 5 San Diego
- Seals Postpone Home Game Scheduled for March 20
- Economic Relief Announced for Seals Staff and Arena Employees and Contractors
- Update from the NLL on COVID-19