Seals Hang on to Edge Warriors
VANCOUVER BC - The San Diego Seals scored four consecutive goals late in the 3rd and early in the 4th quarter, then held on to edge the Vancouver Warriors 11-10 in exciting NLL action on Saturday night in Downtown Vancouver.
Mitch Jones had a big night for the Warriors offensively, racking up four goals and adding three assists for a seven-point night, including a natural hat trick in just over two and a half minutes to seize the lead for the home side. However, Casey Jackson would hit for two of his three goals in the fourth quarter to help the Seals regain their lead for good.
Victoria's Brody Eastwood scored his first two goals in Warriors colours, while Justin Salt also had a pair and Jordan McBride rounded out the scoring for Vancouver.
The Warriors finish up their three game homestand with a date against the Colorado Mammoth, next Saturday, January 26th. The Warriors will also salute all First Responders with First Responders Night. Opening faceoff will be at 7 PM.
For tickets, please visit www.vancouverwarriors.com for more information or call 604-899-4625 (option 3).
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from January 20, 2019
- Mammoth Defeat Visiting Roughnecks 12-7 - Calgary Roughnecks
- Calgary Roughnecks Game Preview - January 20, 2019 at Colorado - Calgary Roughnecks
- Seals Hang on to Edge Warriors - Vancouver Warriors
- Knighthawks Fall to Rush - Rochester Knighthawks
- Seals Out-Battle Warriors - San Diego Seals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.