Seals Agree to Terms with Kyle Buchanan
(SAN DIEGO) - The San Diego Seals announced today that the team has agreed to terms with right-handed forward Kyle Buchanan. The six-year veteran signed a one-year contract, pending league approval. The Seals acquired Buchanan from the New England Black Wolves via trade on July 2. He would have become an unrestricted free agent on August 1.
"It's really exciting being part of a new franchise, especially in this market," said Buchanan. "I'm honored to be the first player and I've felt so welcome already. I can't wait to build towards a championship with this group."
Buchanan, 30, has registered 131 goals, 199 assists and 563 loose balls in 98 career games. He boasted career-bests in goals (31), points (69) and loose balls (131) in the 2017 season. In his last 4 seasons, all with New England, Buchanan has averaged 60 points per year.
"We couldn't think of a better person or player to be the first here in San Diego," said general manager and head coach Patrick Merrill. "Kyle is a player that fans are going to enjoy watching this upcoming season. He is a dynamic leader and we are lucky to have him."
The Nepean, Ontario native was the winner of the 2015 NLL Sportsmanship Award. He played all 18 games during 2015 season without recording a single penalty minute, finishing his second-straight season without a penalty. The San Diego Seals begin play in November at Valley View Casino Center. Secure your season ticket membership today to lock in the best seats at unbeatable prices at SealsLax.com.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from July 11, 2018
- Five Knighthawks Going for Gold at World Championships - Rochester Knighthawks
- Georgia Swarm Players Competing in 2018 World Lacrosse Championship - Georgia Swarm
- Seals Agree to Terms with Kyle Buchanan - San Diego Seals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Diego Seals Stories
- Seals Announce Craft Beer Special for Opening Night
- Seals Opener Set for Saturday, December 8
- Seals Sign Two Additional Players, Including San Diegan Kevin Cooper
- Seals Sign Three-Time All-American Zach Miller
- Seals Sign 11 in Free Agency, Including Garrett Billings