Sea Dogs Acquire Plamondon from Foreurs
SAINT JOHN - The Saint John Sea Dogs have acquired left winger Yohan Plamondon from the Val-d'Or Foreurs.
In exchange, the Sea Dogs sent a fifth-round pick in the 2019 QMJHL Entry Draft, previously acquired from the Gatineau Olympiques, to Val-d'Or.
Plamondon, 17, had eight goals and 13 points in 24 games this season for the Terrebonne Cobras of the Ligue de Hockey Junior AAA du Quebec (LHJAAAQ) this season. The native of Laval, Quebec, saw his Junior AAA rights traded to the St-Gabriel-de-Brandon Montagnards earlier this week.
Listed at 5'11" and 172 lbs., Plamondon registered four goals and seven points in 36 games with Val-d'Or last season. He was selected by the Foreurs in the third round (54th overall) of the 2016 QMJHL Entry Draft.
"We're very happy to acquire a player with his skill set and potential," said Sea Dogs Assistant General Manager and Head Scout Anthony Stella. "Yohan is a very serious and hard-working person. There will be tons of opportunity for him in the coming seasons."
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from January 8, 2018
- Sea Dogs Acquire Plamondon from Foreurs - Saint John Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Saint John Sea Dogs Stories
- You're Invited - Sea Dogs Hall of Fame Induction of Jonathan Huberdeau
- April Update: Humboldt Broncos; Radim Salda NHL Draft; Sea Dogs Alumni Break Record
- In Support of the Humboldt Broncos
- Sea Dogs Awarded Second Overall Pick in 2018 QMJHL Entry Draf
- Salda Named to QMJHL Rookie All-Star Team