Scorpions wish Miss New Mexico good luck at Miss America pageant
[ RIO RANCHO, N.M.]-The New Mexico Scorpions are crossing their fingers and wishing Miss New Mexico Christina Hall well wishes as she embarks on the quest to be awarded the 2007 Miss crown. The event takes place on January 29 in Las Vegas and can be seen on CMT.
On January 5, Hall, 23, was a special guest of the New Mexico Scorpions at their game. Hall greeted fans, took pictures, signed autographs and raised money for her trip to the 2007 Miss America Pageant.
During intermission Hall shot pucks and collected donations for every shot she made. She also designed a Scorpions jersey in sequins. Kimber Lamm won the jersey auction with all funds given to Hall. Overall, the La Cueva High School graduate raised $1,400.
After Hall's studies at La Cueva High School she enrolled and graduated from Eastern New Mexico University with a major in Vocal Performance. She is currently attending the University of New Mexico while pursuing a Masters Degree in Vocal Performance and Political Science.
As Hall embarks on her journey to hopefully become the 2007 Miss , she has chosen identity theft as her platform issue. Her talent during the scholarship pageant is vocal performance.
After competing in this storied event, Hall plans to finish her post-graduate degree at UNM. After gradation her ambitions are to work as a performer in the Santa Fe Opera and also become a Disney Cruise Line Ambassador.
The Scorpions return to the ice Friday night in Amarillo . After facing the Gorillas, the Scorpions will visit Colorado and Arizona to finish the six games, 18 day road trip.
Come see the young, tough and exciting New Mexico Scorpions at the Santa Ana Star Center . Flex plan tickets are still available for the remainder of the 2006-07 season. Fans can become a partial Scorpions season ticket holder by choosing as little as four games to attend the rest of the season by calling the Scorpions office at (505) 881-PUCK  or by visiting www.scorpionshockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from January 18, 2007
- Stoddard activated, Kozak recalled - Mississippi RiverKings
- Scorpions wish Miss New Mexico good luck at Miss America pageant - New Mexico Scorpions
- Gorillas Prepare For Weekend Home Stand - Amarillo Gorillas
- Eagles Trade Garrett Larson to Youngstown - Colorado Eagles
- SteelHounds Acquire 20-Goal Scorer Garrett Larson in Trade - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Wires Scores Twice to Help Lead Northern Conference to CHL All-Star Victory - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Medley named Northern Conference All-Star MVP - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Laredo Bucks Weekly Update - Laredo Bucks
- Wiggins has strong All-Star Game - Tulsa Oilers
- The Captain Shows Off His Heroics Again in All Star Game - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Sacred Heart Southern Missions to be highlighted Friday night - Mississippi RiverKings
- Sterling is winning goalie as Northern Conference wins - Mississippi RiverKings
- Zelenewich named 2007 CHL Southern Conference All-Star Team Most Valuable Player - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Guinn and Herauf pick up assists in All-Star Game - New Mexico Scorpions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.