Scahill Commits to Wisconsin-Stevens Point
The Kenai River Brown Bears of the North American Hockey League (NAHL) are pleased to announce that defenseman Connor Scahill has committed to play NCAA Division III hockey for the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point.
Scahill, 21, just completed his third and final season playing in the NAHL, the majority of which was spent with the Brown Bears. The 6'0/187 lbs. native of Port Huron, Michigan, began the 2019-20 season in Odessa as captain of the Jackalopes. In 25 games with Odessa, Scahill recorded six points.
Over the course of the Christmas break, Scahill was traded back to Kenai River, where he had spent his first two seasons. In 13 games this season with the Brown Bears, Scahill posted five points, which gave him a season total of 11 points in 48 games played.
Scahill played both the 2017-18 and 2018-19 seasons in Kenai River. Overall in his three-year NAHL career, he appeared in 149 career games and posted 46 points.
"Connor is a great kid and has been a big part of Kenai's improvement over the past 3 seasons. We'd like to thank Connor for his efforts here in Kenai and wish him continued success as he moves on to the next stage in his career," said Brown Bears head coach Kevin Murdock.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from March 31, 2020
- Bruins Forward Tiernan Shoudy Awarded Two Rookie Honors - Austin Bruins
- Zona Named to the NAHL's All-East Division Rookie Team - New Jersey Titans
- Two Tauros Earn Rookie Honors - Minot Minotauros
- NAHL Announces 2019-20 All-Rookie Teams - NAHL
- Scahill Commits to Wisconsin-Stevens Point - Kenai River Brown Bears
- Titans Tender Titans Youth 18U National Premier Netminder Tyler Franchi - New Jersey Titans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.