San Diego Gulls Receives 2019-20 AHL Outstanding Fan Experience Award
SAN DIEGO - American Hockey League (AHL) President and CEO Scott Howson has announced the winners of the league's annual Team Business Services awards, recognizing outstanding achievements in a variety of categories including ticket sales, community service and fan experience.
As part of its Team Business Services program, the AHL announced today that the San Diego Gulls have been recognized as the Western Conference club for Outstanding Fan Experience at home games.
In 2019-20, the Gulls hosted numerous promotional and theme nights in 2019-20, including the fifth annual Military Weekend, Star Wars Night, Hockey Fights Cancer, Lucha Libre Wrestling Night, Winter Wonderland, Community Night, 80's Night, Pink in the Rink, Family Day and Country Night.
On June 18, the AHL awarded the Gulls the title of Most Unique Ticket Sales Promotion or Theme Night for the organization's 80's Night, held Jan. 11, 2020 vs. the Ontario Reign at Pechanga Arena San Diego.
The Gulls hosted more than 212,000 fans in the abbreviated 2019-20 season, pushing their all-time regular-season attendance total to 1,432,124 since the inaugural 2015-16 season. San Diego leads the Western Conference in attendance since 2015 with an average of 8,732 fans per game. In five AHL seasons, San Diego has posted a record of 184-114-21-10, leading the Pacific Division in all-time wins, points (399) and points percentage (.606) since 2015.
In operation since 1936, the AHL serves as the top development league for all 31 National Hockey League (NHL) teams. Nearly 90 percent of today's NHL players are American Hockey League graduates, and more than 100 honored members of the Hockey Hall of Fame spent time in the AHL in their careers.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 23, 2020
- San Jose Barracuda Re-Sign Forward Evan Weinger - San Jose Barracuda
- Chicago Wolves Receive AHL's Community Service Award - Chicago Wolves
- San Diego Gulls Receives 2019-20 AHL Outstanding Fan Experience Award - San Diego Gulls
- AHL Names 2019-20 Winners of Team Business Services Awards - AHL
- Flames, Heat Extend Affiliation with Kansas City - Stockton Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Diego Gulls Stories
- Gulls and Computers 2 Kids to Donate Computers and School Supplies to Local Students Wednesday, August 12
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Jacob Larsson to Two-Year Contract Extension
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Sonny Milano to Two-Year Contract Extension
- San Diego Gulls Receives 2019-20 AHL Outstanding Fan Experience Award
- San Diego Gulls Donate $230,000 to San Diego Community in 2019-20