San Antonio Recalls Derrick White from Austin Spurs
SAN ANTONIO - The San Antonio Spurs today announced that they have recalled guard Derrick White from the Austin Spurs of the NBA G League.
White recently helped the Austin Spurs win the 2018 NBA G League Championship, closing out the Finals with a 98-76 win over the Raptors 905 on April 10 in Mississauga, Ontario. In Austin's undefeated postseason run, the rookie guard averaged 24.8 points, 5.0 rebounds, 4.0 assists, 1.75 steals and 1.75 blocks in 32.8 minutes, including back-to-back games with 35 points.
Austin went 18-6 in White's 24 regular season appearances, where he averaged 20.1 points, 5.0 rebounds, 3.5 assists, 1.29 steals and 1.17 blocks in 28.2 minutes. The first year guard was the only player in the G League this season to average at least 20.0 points, 5.0 rebounds, 3.0 assists, 1.00 steals and 1.00 blocks while playing at least 20 games.
White is averaging 3.2 points and 1.5 rebounds in 8.2 minutes in 17 games with San Antonio.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 12, 2018
- San Antonio Recalls Derrick White from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin Spurs Stories
- Austin Spurs Announce 2018-19 Season Schedule
- Austin Spurs Hype Team Auditions to be Held August 26
- Austin Spurs Host Free Day of Camp for Community Youth this Friday
- Austin Spurs to Hold Local Player Tryouts September 15
- Spurs Announce 2018 Utah Summer League Roster