Saints Forward Beck Commits to Denver Pioneers
DUBUQUE, Iowa - Saints affiliate Ryan Beck announced his commitment to the University of Denver late last night. Beck is the first Fighting Saints player to commit since the season concluded this past Wednesday for Dubuque. Beck was not with the team for most of the season but finished the regular season and the playoffs with the Saints.
"I'd like to thank my family, friends, coaches and teammates for their help getting me to this point," Beck said. "It really means everything to me, and it shows that everything is paying off. I'm very excited for what the future holds."
Beck is the first Fighting Saint to commit to Denver since Cole Guttman, who was on the squad last season but missed a large amount of time with injury. Beck registered nine games in the regular season with Dubuque and one in the playoffs.
"Ryan finished the remaining two months of the season with us and showed that he really wants to be a Fighting Saint," said head coach Oliver David. "We're excited to have him for the next two/three seasons. It's no surprise after seeing him on the ice day in and day out that Denver felt the need to commit him prior to the start of his first USHL season. He is an outstanding playmaker and he has a skill set that will be very exciting for our fans over the next few years."
Before the Saints this season, Beck split time with Belle Tire U-16 and Belle Tire U-18. With the U-16 squad, he had 39 points in 24 games. With the U-18 team he had one point in 11 games.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from April 29, 2019
- Saints Forward Beck Commits to Denver Pioneers - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- 2019 USHL Draft Dates and Times Announced - Tri-City Storm
- 2019 USHL Draft Dates and Times Announced - USHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dubuque Fighting Saints Stories
- Dubuque Tops Tri-City with Three in the Third
- Pregame Primer: Dubuque Treks to Tri-City for First True Road Game
- Saints Score Twice on Power Play in Third to Beat Capitols 3-2
- Pregame Primer: Saints Host Capitols for Home Opener
- Dubuque Clips Capitols 4-3, Improve to 2-0 on Season