Sabres Recall Defensemen Nelson, Austin
BUFFALO, N.Y. --- The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team has recalled defensemen Casey Nelson and Brady Austin from the Rochester Americans (AHL).
Nelson (6'1", 190 lbs., 7/18/1992), who has posted 13 points (4+9) in 45 AHL games in 2016-17, returns to the Sabres for his third stint of the season. Since signing with the Sabres in March 2016, the Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin native has tallied four assists in 16 career NHL games.
Buffalo's seventh-round pick in the 2012 NHL Draft, Austin (6'4", 230 lbs., 6/16/1993) will join the team for his first career NHL recall after recording nine points (2+7) and 36 penalty minutes in 61 games for the Amerks this season.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 20, 2017
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Joel Vermin from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Minnesota Assigns Graovac to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Iowa Sends Gilmour to Quad City - Iowa Wild
- Wolf Pack Weekly, March 20-26 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sabres Recall Defensemen Nelson, Austin - Rochester Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.