Sabres Ink Murray to Two-Year, Entry-Level Contract
(Rochester, NY) - The Buffalo Sabres announced today that the team has signed forward Brett Murray to a two-year, entry-level contract.
Murray, 2 2, spent last season with the Rochester Americans of the American Hockey League, recording 24 points (9+15) in 55 games, ranking second behind only Jacob Bryson in rookie scoring.
Murray joined the Amerks out of training camp following a career-year with the Youngstown Phantoms (USHL) in 2018-19. In 62 contests in Youngstown, the Bolton, Ontario native led all USHL skaters with 41 goals and finished second in the league with 76 points on his way to earning USHL First All-Star Team honors .
Prior to his second stint with Youngstown, the 6-foot-5, 235-pound forward played two seasons at Penn State University (Big-10), where he produced seven points (1+6) in 33 career games. In his first season with the Nittany Lions, Murray helped the club claim the Big-10 Conference Championship and later went on to help the program make its first-ever NCAA Tournament appearance.
Murray was Buffalo's fourth-round selection (99th overall) in the 2016 NHL Draft.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 31, 2020
- American Hockey League Announces Winners of 2019-20 Excellence Awards - AHL
- Sabres Ink Murray to Two-Year, Entry-Level Contract - Rochester Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rochester Americans Stories
- Amerks Name Mair, Weber Assistant Coaches
- Amerks Ink Houser to One-Year AHL Deal
- Amerks Agree to Terms with Defenseman Ryan Jones on One-Year AHL Contract
- Seth Appert Named Head Coach of the Rochester Americans
- Sabres Ink Murray to Two-Year, Entry-Level Contract