Rush to Host Stanley Cup Watch Parties
(RAPID CITY, SD) - The Rapid City Rush, proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Minnesota Wild, announced today that the team has partnered up with MacKenzie River Pizza to host watch parties for all seven games (if necessary) of the 2018 Stanley Cup Final between the Washington Capitals and the expansion sensation Vegas Golden Knights.
Fans will have the opportunity to meet with Rush staff for all seven games of the Stanley Cup Final in the bar area of MacKenzie River, while enjoying a feverish fight for ultimate prize in the NHL. Each party includes prize giveaways for those that attend.
For the first time since 2007, both teams in the Stanley Cup Final are vying for their first NHL championship. Washington last made the Final in 1998, and fell in a four-game sweep to the Detroit Red Wings, who claimed their second of back-to-back titles in the late 90's. It is also Captain Alexander Ovechkin's first crack at trying to win the Stanley Cup. Vegas, on the other hand, has sent shockwaves throughout both the NHL and the realm of professional sports by becoming the first modern-day expansion franchise to make it to the championship round across all four major professional sports in North America.
Below is the schedule of the Stanley Cup Final. All games begin at 6 pm MST, with the watch party slated to begin just before opening puck drop:
- Game 1 - Monday, May 28th: Washington @ Vegas
- Game 2 - Wednesday, May 30th: Washington @ Vegas
- Game 3 - Saturday, June 2nd: Vegas @ Washington
- Game 4 - Monday, June 4th: Vegas @ Washington
- Game 5 - Thursday, June 7th: Washington @ Vegas***
- Game 6 - Sunday, June 10th: Vegas @ Washington***
- Game 7 - Wednesday, June 13th: Washington @ Vegas***
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from May 25, 2018
- Komets Jersey Auction Collects $24,850 for Charity - Fort Wayne Komets
- Rush to Host Stanley Cup Watch Parties - Rapid City Rush
- Officials Named for 2018 Kelly Cup Finals - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.