Rush Eliminate Roughnecks
Saskatoon, SK - Mark Matthews (2g, 5a) led the Rush offensively with seven points including two goals and five helpers as the Saskatchewan Rush defeated the Calgary Roughnecks 15-13 on Saturday evening at the SaskTel Centre.
The victory advances the home team to the NLL Finals against the Rochester Knighthawks.
Robert Church (3g, 3a) and Ben McIntosh (3g, 3a) both scored three goals for the league-leading Saskatchewan who led 8-5 after the first half and 12-9 entering the final quarter.
Dane Dobbie (2g, 9a) got a piece of 11 out of the 13 markers for the visiting Roughnecks with two goals, including a power play goal, and set up nine others. Curtis Dickson (6g, 4a) scored a game high of six goals to help the Riggers with their comeback in the second half. Wesley Berg (4g, 1a) and Holden Cattoni (1g, 4a) also found the back of the net.
Evan Kirk recorded the win, turning aside 33 of 46 shots he faced, while Christian Del Bianco made an impressive 45 saves for Calgary.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from May 14, 2018
- NLL Sets Finals Schedule - Saskatchewan Rush
- Fan Choice Award Winners Announced - Toronto Rock
- League Announces Dates and Times of NLL Finals - Rochester Knighthawks
- NLL Sets Finals Schedule - NLL
- Commissioner Sakiewicz Named Mission Speaker for Annual LLS Executive Breakfast - NLL
- Rush Eliminate Roughnecks - Calgary Roughnecks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.