Rush Acquire Veteran Defenceman Campbell from Rochester at NLL Trade Deadline
Saskatoon, SK - On the National Lacrosse League's Trade Deadline Day, the Saskatchewan Rush added an accomplished veteran presence to their defence.
Rush GM/head coach Derek Keenan announced Monday morning that the club had acquired Scott Campbell from the Rochester Knighthawks in exchange for a 2022 second-round pick in the NLL Entry Draft and a conditional second-round pick in the 2021 draft.
Campbell, who is currently in his 15th NLL season, has four goals and three assists in seven games, and brings a wealth of winning experience to the Rush.
"Scott's a nice addition to our defence," said Keenan. "He's a veteran guy with a championship pedigree. He is a solid defender with a top-notch fitness level and he still brings very capable transition skills."
Campbell flashed those transition talents last season as he set career-highs in goals (6), assists (14) and points (20) to go with 80 loose ball scoops and 11 caused turnovers.
Selected 10th overall in the 2004 NLL Entry Draft, Campbell played one season in Minnesota and was briefly a member of the Edmonton Rush when he was picked in the 2006 Expansion Draft but was traded right after that draft to Toronto and played the next five years for the Rock. The Markham, Ontario,
product was traded to Rochester in 2011 and spent the following 10 years with the K-Hawks, helping them win three consecutive three championships in 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Campbell has totaled 50 goals and 73 assists for 123 points along with 908 loose balls and 104 caused turnovers through 211 regular-season games. He has added two goals and 13 points for 15 points in 24 playoff games.
Campbell will join the Rush for this Saturday's home-turf tilt on Co-Op Field at SaskTel Centre against the Buffalo Bandits.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from March 12, 2019
- Seals Game to Air Locally on FOX 5 on March 16 - San Diego Seals
- Rock Charity Game Saturday - Toronto Rock
- Rush Acquire Veteran Defenceman Campbell from Rochester at NLL Trade Deadline - Saskatchewan Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Saskatchewan Rush Stories
- Rush Sign 2019 Draft Picks Robinson and Dunkerley
- In-Game Host Ricky Forbes Is All in for the 2019-2020 Season
- Go Green with TD & Forward Jeff Shattler
- Local Talent Berglof and Gould Signed to One-Year Contracts
- Rush Land Transition Tandem Amongst Three First-Rounders at NLL Draft