RubberDucks to Close Administrative Offices to Prevent Spread of COVID-19
(AKRON, OHIO) - In order to continue to combat the spread of COVID-19, the Akron RubberDucks will be closing all team administrative offices after 5 p.m. on Wed., March 18 and transition to a remote workplace. All front office staff members will still be available via phone and email.
Due to the closing of team offices, Flex Plan and Season Ticket pick-up parties at the Duck Club by Firestone have now been postponed until further notice. Fans with these ticket plans for the 2020 can contact the RubberDucks ticket office with questions at [email protected]
Following the guidelines of public health authorities and city and state officials, the team store at Canal Park will be closed to the public indefinitely and pivot to online-only ordering. During this time, all online orders in the state of Ohio will qualify for free shipping.
"After much consideration, we know that this decision was in the best interest of our employees and our community in order to slow the spread of COVID-19," said RubberDucks GM Jim Pfander "We are disappointed that opening day at Canal Park has been delayed, but the proper precautions against this virus must be taken. Whenever baseball does return, we look to forward to welcoming fans back to the Canal Park and once again bringing the best experience in Minor League Baseball to Akron."
The RubberDucks will continue to closely monitor the developments concerning COVID-19 and will continue to give fans the most up-to-date information as it becomes available via www.akronrubberducks.com and through social media.
The Akron RubberDucks are the Double-A affiliate of the Cleveland Indians. Fans can purchase tickets by calling 330-253-5151 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays, or visit www.akronrubberducks.com. For more information about the team, please call 330-253-5151, visit the website at akronrubberducks.com, Facebook page facebook.com/AkronRubberDucks, or on Twitter at @AkronRubberDuck, and Instagram at @akronrubberducks.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from March 18, 2020
- Rumble Ponies Set for Home Opener on April 9th - Yes Really - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- RubberDucks to Close Administrative Offices to Prevent Spread of COVID-19 - Akron RubberDucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Akron RubberDucks Stories
- Start of RubberDucks' Season Pushed to at Least June 15
- RubberDucks to Draft Fans for "Legends Begin at HomeÃ¢ÂÂ Charitable Event
- "Opening Day at Home" to Put New Spin on Ducks' April 17 Home Opener
- "At Home with the RubberDucks" Show Will Launch 640 WHLO as Team's New Radio Home
- RubberDucks Launch QuAkron Cares Program to Assist with COVID-19 Relief Efforts