Rubber-Match Rained out in Frisco
FRISCO, Texas - The deciding game of the three-game series between the Northwest Arkansas Naturals (31-36) and the Frisco RoughRiders (33-35) is cancelled due to inclement weather at Dr. Pepper Ballpark. The two club will not make-up the contest because the game is the final match between the two clubs in the first half of play.
The Naturals head back to Northwest Arkansas following a 3-2 road trip through Amarillo and Frisco, Texas and will commence upon the final homestand prior to the 2019 All-Star Break.
The Amarillo Sod Poodles come to town for a three-game series against the Naturals, starting on Monday, June 18 at Arvest Ballpark with first pitch slated for 7:05. Leftleft-hander, Eric Skoglund, is expected to continue to rehab assignment with a start against Amarillo. The visitors will send right-hander, Lake Bachar (2-2, 4.24 ERA) to the mound for his second consecutive start against the Naturals.
Infielder, Hunter Dozier, is also expected to join the Naturals on a Major League rehab assignment on Monday evening. Dozier has been on the 10-day injured list since June 3 with tightness on the right-side of his thorax. The former first round selected has been having a career-year with Kansas City hitting .314/.398/.589 with 11 home runs, 33 RBI, 12 doubles, three triples in 52 games with the Royals.
First pitch is slated for 7:05 p.m. from Arvest Ballpark with the Indigo Sky Casino Pregame Show beginning at 6:45 with the "Voice of the Naturals," Benjamin Kelly on 92.1-FM, the Ticket and the Naturals Radio Network.
The Northwest Arkansas Naturals are the Double-A Texas League Affiliate of the Kansas City Royals. The Naturals play at state-of-the-art Arvest Ballpark in Springdale, Ark. For more information, including statistics, ticket options, and more, please visit NWANaturals.com, and follow us on Twitter @NWANaturals and Facebook.com/Naturals.
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from June 16, 2019
- Sod Poodles Walk-Off on Drillers to Keep First-Half Clinch Hopes Alive - Amarillo Sod Poodles
- Tulsa Drops Finale in Amarillo - Tulsa Drillers
- Chinea Drives in 4, Cardinals Sweep Hooks with 8-6 Win - Springfield Cardinals
- McCaughan Sets Tone for Travs Win - Arkansas Travelers
- Cards Complete Sweep - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Rubber-Match Rained out in Frisco - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Sunday's Game Cancelled Because of Inclement Weather - Frisco RoughRiders
- Hounds Top Arkansas, One Win Away from Postseason - Midland RockHounds
- Kohlwey, Miller Lead the Way in Sod Poodles 11-6 Victory over Drillers - Amarillo Sod Poodles
- 'Hounds Send Travs to Third Straight Loss - Arkansas Travelers
- Sod Poodles Defeat Drillers in Amarillo - Tulsa Drillers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.