Rubber-Match Rained out in Frisco
FRISCO, Texas - The deciding game of the three-game series between the Northwest Arkansas Naturals (31-36) and the Frisco RoughRiders (33-35) is cancelled due to inclement weather at Dr. Pepper Ballpark. The two club will not make-up the contest because the game is the final match between the two clubs in the first half of play.
The Naturals head back to Northwest Arkansas following a 3-2 road trip through Amarillo and Frisco, Texas and will commence upon the final homestand prior to the 2019 All-Star Break.
The Amarillo Sod Poodles come to town for a three-game series against the Naturals, starting on Monday, June 18 at Arvest Ballpark with first pitch slated for 7:05. Leftleft-hander, Eric Skoglund, is expected to continue to rehab assignment with a start against Amarillo. The visitors will send right-hander, Lake Bachar (2-2, 4.24 ERA) to the mound for his second consecutive start against the Naturals.
Infielder, Hunter Dozier, is also expected to join the Naturals on a Major League rehab assignment on Monday evening. Dozier has been on the 10-day injured list since June 3 with tightness on the right-side of his thorax. The former first round selected has been having a career-year with Kansas City hitting .314/.398/.589 with 11 home runs, 33 RBI, 12 doubles, three triples in 52 games with the Royals.
First pitch is slated for 7:05 p.m. from Arvest Ballpark with the Indigo Sky Casino Pregame Show beginning at 6:45 with the "Voice of the Naturals," Benjamin Kelly on 92.1-FM, the Ticket and the Naturals Radio Network.
The Northwest Arkansas Naturals are the Double-A Texas League Affiliate of the Kansas City Royals. The Naturals play at state-of-the-art Arvest Ballpark in Springdale, Ark. For more information, including statistics, ticket options, and more, please visit NWANaturals.com, and follow us on Twitter @NWANaturals and Facebook.com/Naturals.
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from June 16, 2019
- Sod Poodles Walk-Off on Drillers to Keep First-Half Clinch Hopes Alive - Amarillo Sod Poodles
- Tulsa Drops Finale in Amarillo - Tulsa Drillers
- Chinea Drives in 4, Cardinals Sweep Hooks with 8-6 Win - Springfield Cardinals
- McCaughan Sets Tone for Travs Win - Arkansas Travelers
- Cards Complete Sweep - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Rubber-Match Rained out in Frisco - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Sunday's Game Cancelled Because of Inclement Weather - Frisco RoughRiders
- Hounds Top Arkansas, One Win Away from Postseason - Midland RockHounds
- Kohlwey, Miller Lead the Way in Sod Poodles 11-6 Victory over Drillers - Amarillo Sod Poodles
- 'Hounds Send Travs to Third Straight Loss - Arkansas Travelers
- Sod Poodles Defeat Drillers in Amarillo - Tulsa Drillers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Northwest Arkansas Naturals Stories
- Northwest Arkansas Naturals Will Not Play in 2020 as Minor League Baseball Seasons Are Canceled
- Northwest Arkansas Naturals Join Minor League Baseball's CommUNITY First Campaign
- Naturals to Celebrate 'Naturals at Home Opener' on Social Media on Thursday, April 16th
- Arvest Ballpark Closed
- Statements from Minor League Baseball and the Naturals