RSL Academy Defender Carlos Castrejon Named to U-16 Mexico National Team
HERRIMAN, Utah - Real Salt Lake Academy defender Carlos Castrejon has been selected for the U-16 Mexico National Team.
This is the second selection for Castrejon at the U-16 level, having recently been named to the squad for the team's training camp in September, as well as the Gradisca Tournament in Italy, during which he played in all three matches.
Castrejon is in the midst of his second season with the RSL Academy, and was part of the squad last year that made it all the way to the MLS NEXT Cup final, ultimately falling 2-1 to Inter Miami in the championship.
The Real Salt Lake Academy will now travel to the Bay Area to face San Jose Earthquakes for the second-consecutive weekend on Saturday, November 19 before finishing off the first half of the MLS NEXT regular-season against De Anza Force on Sunday, November 20.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 19, 2022
- Chicago Fire FC Announces Additional Details Around Its 2022 World Cup Watch Parties - Chicago Fire FC
- RSL Academy Defender Carlos Castrejon Named to U-16 Mexico National Team - Real Salt Lake
- Energized by European Campaign, Cole Bassett Is Ready to Embrace His Colorado HomecomingÃÂ - Colorado Rapids
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Real Salt Lake Stories
- RSL U-17 Head Coach Andrew May Heads to France to Participate in Elite Formation Coaching License Program
- Real Salt Lake Joins North American Powers Monterrey FC and Seattle Sounders as Leagues Cup 2023 Groups Unveiled
- Real Salt Lake Midfielder Diego Luna Named to U.S. U-20 Youth National Team Roster
- Real Salt Lake Partners with Shift4 to Power Payments at All Club Venues
- Real Salt Lake Inks Midfielder Mailel Chang to Contract Extension