Royals Partner with Chek TV & Roll.Focus. Productions to Launch Royals TV
Victoria, BC - The Victoria Royals are proud to announce the debut of Royals TV, a new partnership with CHEK TV and Roll.Focus. Productions.
Royals TV will provide a glimpse inside the organization, with a focus on original stories that explore the challenges, achievements, and personalities in and around the Royals organization. Segments will aim to shine a light on what occurs off the ice, and look behind the scenes at how a junior hockey team operates.
"Every hockey season at the WHL level is an incredible journey," Royals' President and General Manager Cameron Hope said. "I think that having access to even a fraction of what goes into it would be of interest to any sports fan. We are excited to be partnering with CHEK TV and Roll.Focus. Productions on this initiative."
Royals TV will be showcased as part of CHEK's weekly sports program Game On! - seen every Sunday at 6:00 pm and 10:30 pm and available on-demand at www.cheknews.ca. Game On! is now in its 11th season. Royals TV will be featured on Game On! throughout the 2019-20 season.
"CHEK is committed to sports on Vancouver Island. We are the only broadcaster with coverage 7-days a week and the only station with a program like Game On! that gives you in-depth coverage. Now with Royals TV on Game On! we can take you behind the scenes where news cameras don't normally go," said Jeff King, CHEK Sports Director.
As part of the partnership, Roll.Focus. Productions has embedded an employee within the Royals office for the season to provide an unprecedented look inside the junior hockey team. Roll.Focus. is providing all of the production work on the stories for Royals TV this season.
"Our Royals TV team, led by former CHEK Sports personality Tyler Bennett, is thrilled to be working with the Royals to give fans unlimited access - a window into the life of a junior hockey club throughout the course of a WHL season," Roll.Focus. Productions Executive Director Mike Walker said.
Victoria's Home Opener is tonight versus the Prince George Cougars. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. at Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre. Tickets can be purchased in person at the Select Your Tickets box office, over the phone by calling 250-220-7777, or online at www.selectyourtickets.com.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from September 27, 2019
- Raiders Score Five Unanswered to Take Down Pats - Prince Albert Raiders
- Warriors Harvest Wheat Kings to Open Weekend Series - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Calgary Hitmen Unveil Hitmen Pledge Powered by ENMAX - Calgary Hitmen
- Royals Partner with Chek TV & Roll.Focus. Productions to Launch Royals TV - Victoria Royals
- Hurricanes Trim Roster to 23 - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Game Day Hub: September 27 - Portland Winterhawks
- ICE Begin Saskatchewan Road Trip in Saskatoon - Winnipeg Ice
- WHL Alumni Stu Barnes Named to Seattle NHL Franchise Scouting Staff - Tri-City Americans
- Game 3 at Swift Current - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Evanoff Progressing Towards Return - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Game Preview: Blades Look for First Home Win against ICE - Saskatoon Blades
- Calgary Hitmen Game Preview - Friday, September 27 vs Edmonton Oil Kings - Calgary Hitmen
- Game Day Preview: Pats Host Defending Champs Friday - Regina Pats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.