Royals Cancel Awards Ceremony
Victoria, BC - The Victoria Royals have announced that due to the COVID-19 pandemic their annual Awards Ceremony, that was scheduled to take place this Sunday at the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre, has been cancelled.
The Royals will still celebrate and acknowledge the personal achievements and performances of their players by announcing all their award winners via individual videos released on social media on a date to be determined. The following 10 awards will be handed out:
- Enex Fuels Most Valuable Player Award
- Wilson's Transportation Top Defenceman Award
- Mayfair Optometric Top Scorer Award
- Elite Promotional Rookie of the Year
- Wallace Driving School Most Dedicated Player
- The Jo-Ann Thompson Family Foundation Scholastic Player of the Year
- VicPD Community Service Award
- 2 Burley Men Hardest Worker Award
- Pepsi Unsung Hero Award
- The Keg Fans' Choice Award
Victoria's 2019-20 season is currently on pause and more information will be provided to ticket holders and ticket buyers when available. The Royals would like to thank their season ticket members, fans and corporate partners for their cooperation, patience, and understanding during this time.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from March 17, 2020
- Royals Cancel Awards Ceremony - Victoria Royals
- Saskatoon Blades Close Business Office Indefinitely - Saskatoon Blades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.