Royals Agree to Terms with 14 Players on Contracts for 2020
KANSAS CITY, MO (February 12, 2020) - The Kansas City Royals announced today that the club has agreed to terms on 2020 Major League contracts with pitchers Scott Barlow, Brad Keller, Richard Lovelady, Kevin McCarthy, Jake Newberry, Gabe Speier and Stephen Woods Jr.; catchers Cam Gallagher and Meibrys Viloria; infielders Kelvin Gutierrez, Jeison Guzman, Nicky Lopez and Ryan McBroom and outfielder Nick Heath. Consistent with club policy, terms of the contracts were not disclosed.
Of the players signed today, 11 of them - Barlow, Gallagher, Gutierrez, Keller, Lopez, Lovelady, McBroom, McCarthy, Newberry, Speier and Viloria - have Major League service time.
The Royals have 17 players who remain unsigned for the 2020 season.
• Discuss this story on the Appalachian League message board...
Appalachian League Stories from February 13, 2020
- Royals Agree to Terms with 14 Players on Contracts for 2020 - Burlington Royals
- Pulaski Yankees Announce Calfee Park Upgrades, Seating Changes for 2020 Season - Pulaski Yankees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Burlington Royals Stories
- "Keep Hope. Never Give Up." the Mission Statement of Kort Peterson's Life
- After Losing his Mom, Brhet Bewley Hears her Every Step of the Way
- New Ownership & Front Office of the Burlington Royals AnnouncedÃÂ
- For the Health of the Players, and Love for the Game... That's Brad Groleau.
- Royals Agree to Terms with 14 Players on Contracts for 2020