Rox Schedule Released as Part of "Minnesota-Iowa Pod"
St. Cloud, MN - Another "pod" of Northwoods League teams comprised of the St. Cloud Rox, Mankato MoonDogs, Willmar Stingers, Rochester Honkers, and the Waterloo Bucks will return for play this summer starting July 1. The season for this pod will last until August 20th with the team holding the best winning percentage being declared the winner. Working in consultation with state and local officials, the five teams have each developed a plan for safe operation in their respective locations, and the teams look forward to welcoming fans and players back for a much-anticipated season of Northwoods League baseball.
"Continuing efforts on the part of our Affiliates in Minnesota and Iowa to craft plans for safe operation in their respective locations in consultation with their state and local officials, along with the steps by those officials to open up their communities for larger gatherings, has made it possible to start another 'pod' in the Northwoods League footprint on July first," said Northwoods League President and Commissioner Gary Hoover. "This regional pod will bring the special brand of Northwoods League baseball back to those communities, but in a way that is consistent with everyone's goal of doing so in a safe manner."
If you would like more information on tickets for the 2020 season, or more information regarding this press release please contact the Rox front office at 320-240-9798 or visit stcloudrox.com.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 22, 2020
- Rox Schedule Released as Part of "Minnesota-Iowa Pod" - St. Cloud Rox
- Stingers Schedule Released as Part of "Minnesota-Iowa Pod" - Willmar Stingers
- Five Northwoods League Teams Will Begin Play July 1 in a Regional "Minnesota-Iowa Pod" - Northwoods
- Bucks Announce Start of 2020 Season - Waterloo Bucks
- Rivets to Feature Four Fighting Illini Players - Rockford Rivets
- Northwoods League Announces Front Office Change - Northwoods
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.