RoughRiders Head Coach Mark Carlson Nears 600 Wins
CEDAR RAPIDS - RoughRider's Head Coach Mark Carlson is poised to make history this weekend when Cedar Rapids hosts the Muskegon Lumberjacks and Dubuque Fighting Saints at the Stable.
A RoughRider win in either game will place him in the USHL 600 Win Club, an exclusive fraternity that currently only has one other member.
Carlson, who is in his 19th year behind the bench, has 599 victories and only trails Waterloo's PK O'Handley on the list of most successful coaches in league history.
Most impressive about the accomplishment is that Carlson will be the only coach to eclipse the 600 win mark with one franchise, and is the only Head Coach the Riders have ever had. His pride in developing hundreds of players into better young men, as well as his countless hours of community service here in Cedar Rapids far out shines the victory tally used by most to measure coaching success. He bleeds RoughRider green and loves the community which welcomed him with open arms almost two decades ago, and appreciates all the support he has been given by the Rider ownership and the thousands of fans that come out each season.
The RoughRiders host the Muskegon Lumberjacks Friday night and the Dubuque Fighting Saints on Saturday. Great seats still remain and can be reserved online at www.ridertownusa.com or by calling 319-261-4265.
About the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders. Founded in 1999, in Cedar Rapids, Iowa as the USHL Cedar Rapids RoughRiders Hockey Club, the club has won one Clark Cup Championship (2004-2005), three Anderson Cup titles (2004-2005, 2010-2011, 2015-2016) and has assisted hundreds of players in reaching their dreams of playing college hockey as student-athletes, while also having 35 former players drafted into the National Hockey League.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from February 12, 2018
- Stars Weekly - Lincoln Stars
- Zhukov Named USHL Goaltender of the Week - Green Bay Gamblers
- Stampede's St. Ivany Named Defenseman of the Week - Sioux Falls Stampede
- USHL Names Players of the Week - Week 19 - USHL
- Drury Wins USHL Forward of the Week Award - Waterloo Black Hawks
- RoughRiders Head Coach Mark Carlson Nears 600 Wins - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- Jacks Offering BOGO Tickets for Valentine's Day Game - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Stars Launch the Lincoln Stars Foundation - Lincoln Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.