RoughRiders Goaltender Andrew Pichora Commits to the University of Minnesota
RoughRiders goaltender Andrew Pichora has committed to play division 1 hockey at the University of Minnesota. Pichora, who goes by Geno, has played in six games so far this season for Cedar Rapids and has a .897 save percentage. The 16-year-old from Bethel Park, Penn. earned his first USHL win on his first USHL start in the RoughRiders' 5-2 victory over Waterloo on February 14.
RoughRiders head Coach Mark Carlson said of Pichora, "The Roughriders organization is very happy for Geno and the Pichora family. Geno has worked very hard to earn this opportunity. He has done a great job in net for the Roughriders, and just as importantly, our players and staff have really enjoyed Geno off the ice and in the dressing room. He is a great teammate!"
The RoughRiders are back at The Stable next Friday, March 13, facing off against the Des Moines Buccaneers for Spring Break beach night sponsored by Your Tanning Bar! Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased by calling 319-247-0340 or visiting the RoughRiders website at www.roughridershockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from March 4, 2020
- RoughRiders Goaltender Andrew Pichora Commits to the University of Minnesota - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- Weekend Preview: Two on the Road, One at Home - Omaha Lancers
- Tracking the Storm: Tri-City Hosts Muskegon at Viaero Center - Tri-City Storm
- Weekly Preview: Wiener Dog Races at Chicago Steel Game this Saturday - Chicago Steel
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.