Roughnecks to Host U.S. Open Cup Match at TU on May 16
The Tulsa Roughnecks will participate in their fourth Lama Hunt U.S. Open Cup Tournament this season, entering the 2018 competition in the second round by hosting a match on Wednesday, May 16 at the Hurricane Soccer and Track Stadium on the campus of the University of Tulsa. The Roughnecks will host the winner of the first-round matchup between F.C. Wichita (NPSL) and the Oklahoma City Energy U23 (PDL).
Second-round pairings and host sites were revealed last week by US Soccer. The Roughnecks were placed in the Central Region and are joined in that bracket by USL clubs Saint Louis FC, OKC Energy FC, San Antonio FC and Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC.
Roughnecks' season ticket members have tickets for the game as part of their membership packages. Season members should use one of their Open Cup Vouchers for entrance into the match. The voucher just needs to be presented at the gate for admission, no advance exchange is necessary.
Tickets for fans who are not season members will be available for purchase beginning at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, April 18. All tickets for the U.S. Open Cup match are general admission and are priced at $7 each. Tickets will be available Wednesday at the ONEOK Field Ticket Office and online at RoughnecksFC.com.
If the Roughnecks win their second-round match, the club has also put in a bid to host a third-round match at ONEOK Field. If that match takes place in Tulsa, season members can use their second voucher for admission to that game.
Last year, the Roughnecks made their deepest run in the Open Cup, winning their first two matches before losing in stoppage time to MLS side FC Dallas.
Home teams for each round are determined by a random selection process among the clubs that have applied to host and whose venues meet the minimum tournament requirements.
The complete list of second-round pairings and host venues can be found at U.S. Soccer.com.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League message board...
United Soccer League Stories from April 16, 2018
- Roughnecks to Host U.S. Open Cup Match at TU on May 16 - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- North Carolina FC at Louisville City FC Game Rescheduled - North Carolina FC
- Louisville City FC's Match against North Carolina FC Rescheduled for Tuesday, October 9 - Louisville City FC
- Louisville City FC Weekly Update - Louisville City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tulsa Roughnecks FC Stories
- Roughnecks Match in St. Louis Postponed by Weather
- Roughnecks Back in Action Saturday Night to Face Saint Louis FC
- Roughnecks Stay Unbeaten Under Nsien with Draw at RGV
- Roughnecks in South Texas Saturday Night to Face RGV
- Roughnecks and Lights Battle to 2-2 Draw