Roughnecks Sign Attacker Eti Tavares
The 2018 roster for the Tulsa Roughnecks FC continued to grow today as it was announced that the club has agreed to terms with attacker Eti Tavares, pending league and federation approval. The 5'10" winger comes to Tulsa with three years of professional experience under his belt.
"Eti is a winger with a lot of speed and flare," said coach David Vaudreuil. "He will give us another option on the flank to get in behind the defense and create chances for himself and the other forwards."
Scouts describe Tavares as an energetic and positive player who loves challenges and thrives under pressure.
The 26-year-old has previous experience in the USL, spending two seasons with the Real Monarchs from 2015-16. He played the 2017 season with the Fresno Fuego in the Premier Developmental League.
In his amateur career, Tavares served a couple of years in the Real Salt Lake academy before playing collegiately for Arizona Western in the NJCAA.
Tavares is a native of Guinea-Bissau and holds a United States passport.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League message board...
United Soccer League Stories from January 30, 2018
- San Antonio FC Announces 2018 Preseason Schedule - San Antonio FC
- Veteran Francisco Ugarte to Return this Season - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- Tampa Bay Rowdies Fortify Back Line with Addition - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Real Monarchs SLC Sign Goalkeeper Jake Leeker - Real Monarchs SLC
- Roughnecks Sign Attacker Eti Tavares - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.