Rocket Agrees to Terms on a One-Year Contract with Forward Brent Gates
LAVAL - The Laval Rocket announced today that the team has agreed to terms on a one-year, two-way AHL contract (2020-21) with forward Brent Gates.
Gates, a 6'02'' and 201 lbs centerman, tallied four goals and one assist in 20 games with the San Diego Gulls in 2019-20 in the AHL. The Grand Rapids, MI native also played 25 games in the ECHL with the Tulsa Oilers where he produced 20 points (10 goals, 10 assists) in addition of purging 14 penalty minutes. Before joining the professional ranks, Gates played four seasons with Minnesota University in the NCAA. In 148 games with Minnesota, the left-handed registered 42 goals and 43 assists while also purging 61 penalty minutes and posting a +14 differential.Gates was selected in the third round (80th overall) by the Anaheim Ducks at the 2015 NHL Entry Draft.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from September 24, 2020
- Admirals Host Annual Garage Sale on Saturday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monsters to Host Girls Street Hockey Clinics with Olympian Brianne McLaughlin - Cleveland Monsters
- Enter to Win 2 Tix to Every Arena Event in 2021 with a COVID-19 Test - Bakersfield Condors
- Rocket Agrees to Terms on a One-Year Contract with Forward Brent Gates - Laval Rocket
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Laval Rocket Stories
- Blandisi: in Grieving, Giving Back
- Kaiden Guhle Has Winning on His Mind
- Canadiens Loan Josh Brook to the Krefeld Pinguine
- American Hockey League Targeting February 5 as Start Date for 2020-21 Season
- Canadiens Sign Defenseman Xavier Ouellet to a Two-Year Contract Extension