Robinson Is Topps' Texas League Player of the Month
Naturals first baseman Clint Robinson has been named as the Topps' Texas League Player of the Month for August. The announcement was made Thursday morning by Texas League President Tom Kayser.
Just like the temperatures in Northwest Arkansas, the left-handed hitting first baseman was scalding hot in the month of August. For the month, he hit .410 in 28 games, with nine homers, 18 extra-base hits, 22 runs scored and 26 RBI.
This is the second time this season that Robinson, the 25-year old Dothan, AL resident, has been named as Texas League Player of the Month. He also took the award home in June with remarkably similar numbers to his August performance: A .409 average in 25 games, with eight homers, 18 extra-base hits, 24 runs scored and 22 RBI. He has also been named as the circuit's Player of the Week on two separate occasions as well.
Robinson, the Royals' 25th-round selection in the 2007 draft, currently possesses a lead in all of the Texas League's Triple Crown categories, leading the circuit in batting average (.328), homers (27), and RBI (92). For the efforts in what he has long established as a career season, the Kansas City Royals also named him as Naturals' Player of the Year for 2010.
The Northwest Arkansas Naturals are the Double-A Texas League affiliate of the Kansas City Royals and play at state of the art Arvest Ballpark, located in Springdale. You can purchase tickets and group outings with the Naturals by calling (479) 927-4900.
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from September 2, 2010
- Drillers Rally to Keep Season Alive - Tulsa Drillers
- Travs Swept in Thursday DH - Arkansas Travelers
- Springfield Falls to Tulsa 9-7 - Springfield Cardinals
- Naturals Double Their Pleasure Thursday - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Blue Demon Jr. Joins Lucha Libre USA at Whataburger Field - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Robinson Is Topps' Texas League Player of the Month - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.