RiverDogs Will Open Gates at 5:26 for Weekday Home Games
CHARLESTON, S.C. - The Charleston RiverDogs are offering fans a chance to skip the traffic caused by the closure of the James B. Edwards Bridge on I-526. Starting on Thursday -- and continuing for all weekday home games until the bridge reopens -- the RiverDogs will open their gates at precisely 5:26pm, 34 minutes earlier than normal.
"Opening our gates at 5:26 will allow our fans to come straight to the ballpark from work, rather than have to go home and risk getting caught up in traffic," RiverDogs president and general manager Dave Echols said. "We figure fans would rather be out at the ballpark enjoying a $1 beer than sitting in their cars."
Thursday is a Budweiser Thirsty Thursday, so draft beers are just $1 from the time gates open. The RiverDogs homestand continues with Home Telecom Fireworks Friday and through the weekend. If the bridge hasn't reopened by the time the RiverDogs return to town on Tuesday, May 29, the 5:26 gates open time will continue.
RiverDogs single-game tickets, including options to the Riley Park Club, are now available for the 2018 campaign, the club's 25th season as the RiverDogs and their "175th season in dog years." Ticket information can be secured by contacting the box office at (843) 577-DOGS (3647) or online at www.riverdogs.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from May 16, 2018
- RiverDogs Will Open Gates at 5:26 for Weekday Home Games - Charleston RiverDogs
- RiverDogs Use Two-Bit Humor, Eight-Bit Technology in Upcoming Homestand out of this Galaxy - Charleston RiverDogs
- Power Return Home for Fun-Filled Weekend in Charleston - West Virginia Power
- 'Birds' Late Lead Evaporates in Ten - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Fireflies Rally for Walk-Off Win Tuesday - Columbia Fireflies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charleston RiverDogs Stories
- Rain Postpones RiverDogs-GreenJackets in Game Two
- RiverDogs Shutout in Kahnle's Rehab Appearance
- Major Leaguer Tommy Kahnle to Make Rehab Start with RiverDogs
- Charleston Takes Series Finale, Splits with Fireflies
- Blaser Drives Home Three as Dogs Snap Skid against Columbia