River Cleanup Volunteers Still Wanted
Calling all river-loving volunteers! The Missoula PaddleHeads are organizing their 1st Annual River Cleanup along the shores of our beloved Clark Fork River. Anyone interested in preserving the health of our river after another summer of world-class recreation should join us at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday, August 30th at Ogren Park Allegiance Field. Volunteers will receive supplies, river section assignments, and a post-clean up lunch at the ballpark.
Registration is FREE, but imperative for this event. Please register HERE: atmilb.com/3ieAy6h
Volunteers are encouraged to bring their bikes, scooters, or versatile walking shoes if they are willing to accept river zones further from the stadium. Anyone with mobility concerns will be given priority for assignments closer to the ballpark. All trash and recyclables will be returned to the ballpark and disposed of properly by Republic Services.
After the cleanup, volunteers will be treated to lunch from a Missoula favorite, Five on Black. Additionally, there will be prizes awarded for most weight collected and the strangest item found. Volunteers are encouraged to eat their complimentary lunches on our field and enjoy a screening of award-winning river documentaries. Local beer and cider will be available for purchase.
• Discuss this story on the Pioneer League message board...
Pioneer League Stories from August 28, 2020
- River Cleanup Volunteers Still Wanted - Missoula PaddleHeads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Missoula PaddleHeads Stories
- PaddleHeads to Host Matchstick Productions: HUCK YEAH Premiere
- Centerfield Cinema Plays on through October, New Titles Announced
- PaddleHeads, Missoula Freestyle Team Announce TGR: Make Believe Premiere
- PaddleHeads, Roxy Theater Announce Centerfield Cinema: Concert Series
- Now Teeing Off: Paddle Beach Golf Club