Rio Grande Valley Vipers Acquire Chris McCullough off Waivers Ahead of Mondays Matchup
EDINBURG, Texas - The Rio Grande Valley Vipers, NBA G League Affiliate of the Houston Rockets, announced the acquisition of forward Chris McCullough via waivers. The Vipers announced the move prior to their Monday matchup against Sioux Falls Skyforce.
McCullough (6-11, 200) was selected in the 1st round as the 29th overall pick in the 2015 NBA Draft by the Brooklyn Nets. He appeared in 38 games over three years for the Nets, spanning from 2015-2017 before being traded to the Washington Wizards on February 22, 2017.
His most recent appearance in the NBA was in the 2017-18 season with Washington where McCullough appeared in 19 games, averaging 2.4 points per game and 1.3 rebounds. He shot just over 42% from the field while averaging 4.7 minutes per contest. McCullough saw plenty of action in the NBA G League as he appeared for multiple teams between February 22 and April 8, 2018; he was assigned to Long Island, Northern Arizona, Wisconsin, and Erie. McCullough attended training camp with the Detroit Pistons this season and was later waived.
On October 8, 2018, just one day after he was waived by Detroit, McCullough signed a deal with the Shanxi Brave Dragons of the Chinese Basketball Association. He averaged 15.7 points, eight rebounds and slightly over 83% from the free throw line. McCullough's best performance was a 26-point night versus the Sichuan Blue Whales on October 21, 2018.
The Vipers face Sioux Falls Skyforce on the road Monday, January 28 at 6:30 p.m. CST. For more information, contact the RGV Vipers at 956-56-ARENA or visit www.rgvipers.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 28, 2019
- Skyforce Comeback Bid Falls Short against Frazier, Vipers - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Westchester Absorbs Setback against Raptors - Westchester Knicks
- Michael Frazier Erupts for Career High 43 as Vipers Extend Win Streak to Seven against Skyforce - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Stars Acquire Mareik Isom - Salt Lake City Stars
- Wisconsin Herd Adds Xavier Munford - Wisconsin Herd
- Memphis Hustle to Host Financial Literacy Education Day Game Wednesday, January 30 at 10:30 a.m. - Memphis Hustle
- Rio Grande Valley Vipers Acquire Chris McCullough off Waivers Ahead of Mondays Matchup - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- New York Knicks Recall Kadeem Allen from Westchester Knicks - Westchester Knicks
- Westchester Looks for Third Series Win over 905 - Westchester Knicks
- Mavericks Recall Ray Spalding from Texas Legends - Texas Legends
- Raptors 905 to Host Annual Bell Lets Talk Day Game on Wednesday - Raptors 905
- Sioux Falls Uses Strong Third Quarter to Overtake Knicks - Westchester Knicks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rio Grande Valley Vipers Stories
- House Jr. Buzzer Beater Gives Vipers Win against OKC in Overtime
- Michael Frazier II Named to February 2019 USA Men's World Cup Qualifying Team
- Suns Eclipse Vipers to Earn Eighth Win of the Season
- Thirteen Athletes Confirmed for USA Men's World Cup Qualifying Team February Training Camp
- Bruno Caboclo Named to All-G League Mid-Season Western Conference Team