Riders Sign 2018 First-Round Selection Dakoda Shepley
The Saskatchewan Roughriders have signed national offensive lineman Dakoda Shepley to a two-year contract, plus an option year in 2021.
Shepley (6'4 - 310) was selected by the Roughriders in the first round (5th overall) of the 2018 CFL Draft.
After four seasons at the University of British Columbia, the 24-year-old Shepley signed with the New York Jets as an undrafted free agent in April, 2018. Shepley attended training camp with Jets, playing three preseason games.
Shepley, a native of Windsor, Ontario, played 32 career collegiate games with the Thunderbirds where he was named a 2017 Canada West All-Star and was part of the team that won the 2015 Vanier Cup.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from March 19, 2019
- Lions Add Quarterback Austin Apodaca - B.C. Lions
- Eskimos Ink DL Brooks - Edmonton Eskimos
- Riders Sign 2018 First-Round Selection Dakoda Shepley - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Blue Bombers Add Receiver - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Ontario Regional Combine Presented by New Era Takes Place Thursday in Toronto - CFL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Saskatchewan Roughriders Stories
- Roughriders Playoff Tickets on Sale Today
- Saskatchewan Roughriders Announce Cindy Fuchs as Executive Director of Saskatchewan Roughrider Foundation
- Riders Add Gary Johnson Jr. to Practice Roster
- Saskatchewan Roughriders Announce 2020 Grey Cup Ticket Details
- Cece Jefferson Added to Practice Roster